The Scream Franchise | Page 232 | The Popjustice Forum

The Scream Franchise

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Jul 27, 2019.

1. The critic reviews are exactly as expected. Skewing pretty positive but the mixed/negative ones coming from reviewers who aren’t in love with the franchise or don’t quite ‘get’ Scream as a whole.

The fact that fan reviews have been and continue to be overwhelmingly positive is the best sign. Almost everyone saying that it’s on par with Scream and Scream 2. I couldn’t be more excited for Friday now.

~Paul~, Steve003 and Alenko like this.
  2. PSA: Do NOT go into the spoiler thread. Do not ruin the magic!

3. Ok you can put it in a spoiler tag but what I need to know is if there is a chase scene?

Uno likes this.
  4. I made that bloody thread and now have to stay out of it for another two days!!! AAAAAAARGH. I have never known such temptation.

5. Only 1 Rotten so far.

[​IMG]

constantino, 4Roses, lushLuck and 5 others like this.
  6. I KNEW IT

7. If the RT holds above 80 I’ll be happy.
    Hopefully the audience score slays, though!

8. Not in the way you would expect, but just as satisfying.

Steve003 likes this.
  9. You caved!

10. I know!!!!!!!!! I saw the spoiler tag and had to click it.... I'm weak. I'll try to go out and watch it though, promise.

Staticboombox likes this.
  11. Not Mikey being set on fire in both of her major film appearances so far. Then again they probably did that again on purpose for this one right

Also Sid is married to Detective Mark Kincaid? I guess we can expect Patrick to pop up on Scream 6 Again then

12. I think anything above 70% would be huge for the 5th instalment in a horror franchise that time has shown *many* people simply don’t get.

13. Currently 87% from 39 reviews. It's holding up really well.

14. If it stays above or finishes at 79% then it’ll match Halloween 2018

15. Why did I think that had like 60%?

The fact that the original only has 79%...

DangerousHun likes this.
  16. What a relief to see such glowing reviews come in. I still have PTSD from the review roll out for Halloween Kills.

ohaimanabu, Edu, Steve003 and 3 others like this.
  17. Being 5th hasn't been kind to most franchises
    • Friday the 13th Part V
    • Halloween 5
    • A Nightmare on Elm Street 5
    • Seed of Chucky
    • Saw V
    Plausible exception: Final Destination 5

18. I can’t believe the audience scores on RT are so low for Scream and Scream 2, but horror films are almost always divisive so.

lushLuck and DangerousHun like this.
  19. The fact the original Scream only scored 79% is a testament to the fact that non-horror fan writers should never be allowed anywhere near a review of them.

20. Me in 4 hours.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.