The Scream Franchise | Page 241 | The Popjustice Forum

The Scream Franchise

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Doesn’t Richie mention Stab movies plural when he only mentions the first being on Netflix?

2. Also didn‘t Richie say to Dewey that he knew who he was when actually he pretended not to know anything?

ohaimanabu likes this.
  3. [​IMG]

4. Chad's scene being the only real "chase" of the film was kind of a letdown, but he was fun throughout.

ohaimanabu, Duppe and lushLuck like this.
  5. On my way to scream

6. Not really a chase scene but the Tara/Richie Hospital scene was amazing.

Mr.Arroz, ohaimanabu and itylts like this.
  7. Yeah, when asked what he was doing, he replied "Watching Stabs on Netflix".

And yes, I saw a few people mentioning about Amber setting herself on fire. But I suppose the hand sanitiser part might have been easily missed amongst the action. I did laugh at it though, only because I then knew what was in her immediate future.

8. I got chills.

ohaimanabu and Alenko like this.
  9. The tears I held back…. Ugh.

10. Edu

Edu

Yes! It says "Interview With Woodsboro Survivor Kirby Reed".

11. Can’t believe I’m just about to leave to go to the cinema to see this. I’m so bloody excited girls.

12. Wheeeww that was a ride!

It's a solid 8/10 for me. The dialogue was so, so good throughout, great quips, nice use of repeated tropes for the sake of it.

I did guess one of the killers, primarily because the actor was given so little to do up to that point and was one of the few I recognised from other better things. The yelp I let her out when she went up in flames!

The only flaw was that it felt like it was missing a really inventive kill scenario, one that really built the tension and had you frozen waiting for the killer to strike.

It was odd that Sidney said "it all started with Billy" when Roman was the one who instigated it - but I guess that's a tie-in with the requel thing of ignoring sequels.

And also if they were already up to Stab 7 in Scream 4, wouldn't there have been a further film about those events at some point?

13. Stab 8 being directed by Rian Johnson was some galaxy brain shit

14. Well, I'm choosing to believe that nobody apart from Sid, Gale, Dewey and Mark actually knew that Roman was Sid's brother. I hope that he was just put down as a director gone mad and he didn't get any kind of sympathy in death. Nobody outside of that screening room in the mansion would know the full story.

So for everyone in Woodsboro, it did still start with Billy.

15. What I would give to watch stab movies on Netflix

16. The sign of it being so good was that I didn't touch my snacks at all, I was so enthralled. I just had occasional sips of water when things got tense.

This didn't affect the couple a few seats over who seemed to be just forever opening the loudest packets of everything for the first hour.

17. My impression was Stab 7 was a massive flop - and the franchise had already gone far beyond the actual events of the original characters (time travel, etc) - so I’m guessing the events of Scream 4 never got the big-screen treatment. Instead, they went for a full-on reboot with Stab 8, which as we learn, was not well-received. Poor Jill.

18. See, the whole Judy/Wes scene was this for me. I was in bits with nerves every time he closed and opened a door. And for poor Judy to be jumped out on before she even got to the door, in broad daylight, took me off guard. I jumped.

Also, loved the reference to Sidney still being with Detective Kincaid. When I was rewatching Scream 3 the other night I had hoped they would mention it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.