The Scream Franchise

Can people explain to me why so many fans (You only have to check Twitter and Facebook groups to find them) seem to place 2 as the worst movie of the franchise?

Genuinely no shade to those who do, but I just find it so utterly baffling because I feel like 2 only further excels at what 1 did so well. It’s just a perfect film, at least in my eyes.

Can people explain to me why so many fans (You only have to check Twitter and Facebook groups to find them) seem to place 2 as the worst movie of the franchise?

Genuinely no shade to those who do, but I just find it so utterly baffling because I feel like 2 only further excels at what 1 did so well. It’s just a perfect film, at least in my eyes.

Only explanation is a
tumblr_mh1wsx8uKn1qdm9llo1_500.gif

Yeah I've been seeing a lot of Scream 2 as the weakest lately and just....the worms for brains of it all. It comes pretty close to being as good as the original for me. The only negative is the pacing being slightly sluggish in the middle. It's the best directed of all the films and has the best set pieces.

I have a friend who had only seen Scream 4 and in preparation for Scream 5 we did a marathon. His favorite movie far and away was Scream 3, which I notice a lot of younger fans seem to like. His LEAST favorite? Scream 2. From the opening scene he couldn't take it seriously because of his love for Scary Movie. I think that might be why you have people ranking it lower than the others, because the opening scene is more known now for the parody in Scary Movie.

Neve’s final act performances in all of them are brilliant, even with the extended crap of 4 and that hospital scene. I cannot believe how the new studio has treated her.

2 > 1 > 5 > 4 > 3

2 literally gets everything right; it's got that added camp the first one lacked, far more avenues for the self-aware schtick, an even deeper mystery element, the cast to end all casts of anything 90s, gorgeous production polish, even weaving in myths of Troy, built on ruins like a film sequel - Kev n' Wes even got literature in there.

It's probably the best sequel around.