The Scream Franchise | Page 344 | The Popjustice Forum

The Scream Franchise

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Ghostface Dies Tonight

2. And Neve isn’t in it. This may be the first film in 26 years I “wait for the video” for.

3. You all know how much I adore Neve and the character of Sidney but a change of pace might freshen up the franchise and her eventual (fingers crossed) return in Scream 6 will be even more exciting. Her coming back with nothing to do in 5 would be anticlimactic and I have to say I am looking forward to it being the Gale Weathers show.

I still support her decision to step away if she was feeling undervalued and I hope it will be rectified in the next installment, especially if they plan it as the end of another trilogy.

4. Yeah Sidney being away gives this movie a big chance to show more of Gale, so let‘s hope they use that chance.

inevitable, Edu, ohaimanabu and 3 others like this.
  5. I'm thinking maybe they intended the first movie to be focused more on Dewey, the second on Gale and the grand finale to be about Sidney. Obviously I hope the latter two survive and don't meet Dewey's fate.

6. I just read a review of Kevin Williamson's new slasher flick Sick (read review here) and this part got me in my feels:

I LOVE a good chase scene and I'm so sad we didn't get one in Scream 4 or 5. I hope Scream 6 brings back the chase scene and I also can't wait to watch Sick for this reason.

Edu, ohaimanabu, sesita and 2 others like this.
  7. Upon my umpeenth watching of the fifth film... it has to be said...... has Neve Campbell aged? AT ALL? Because she looks FANTASTIC in every shot she's in. Queen.

Steve003, sesita and Alenko like this.
  8. This actually had me doubting my own age.

ohaimanabu and sesita like this.
  9. Ghostface: Lost in New York sounds potentially iconic or at least so bad it's good.

Andrew likes this.
  10. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

My Scream 2 4K Blu-ray just shipped.

[​IMG]

11. Mine arrived Saturday. I totally forgot to post.

Pros: the new transfer is absolutely stunning in 4K. The colors are now original/accurate to the theatrical exposition and the digital smoothing/enhancement they did to the original Bluray is gone, the grain structure is back. It looks like a brand new film all over again.

Cons: Paramount cheaped out and the included standard Bluray in the 4K pack is the OLD DISC.

The included slipcover also pops with the red black and white.

ohaimanabu, Steve003, Dylan and 3 others like this.
  12. Since we're discussing Scream 2, can we agree that the opening and the cop car scene are two of the greatest scenes from the franchise?

13. People are still not ready to recognise the PERFORMANCE that Ms Pinkett-Smith gave… toe to toe with Drew, Parker and Hayden in my eyes…

14. BTG

BTG

They are the greatest. I don’t trust anyone who thinks otherwise.

15. SBK

SBK

2 is my favourite in the franchise... probably because I saw it before I saw the first installment.

ohaimanabu and sergioesludico like this.
  16. My fave chase scene ever.

17. Oh this is cool. Is that Skeet doing Ghostface? It sounds like him to me.

ohaimanabu likes this.

18. Does it come with a Maureen ghost?

19. Sorry for double post but that‘s interesting:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.