The Scream Franchise

The film is just under 4 months away, it would be a mistake to release a full trailer now.

Plus, with ‘22 they had to draw audiences back in, but I hope that this time around they realise the importance of not giving too much away.
Agreed! I don't blame them for doing what they had to do to ensure 5cream was a hit, but I hope they don't spoil us too much with the trailers.

I like that from what were hearing this will be a teaser. That's a good way to minimize how much footage they show. Then they can do the typical poster releases and closer to the release they can do a full trailer, but hopefully not one that gives away key plot points.

he/him/his
It will be a teaser with probably only one scene. I am glad there is no real trailer yet.

They still got time.

I honestly don’t know why anyone would want to see heaps of footage from a film that hinges on its central whodunnit, as well as keeping who lives and dies a surprise.

Imagine knowing Drew bites it before you saw the original. It robs the film of its genuine shock, and undermines the work that the whole crew put in to present that to us.

But that’s just me.

I honestly don’t know why anyone would want to see heaps of footage from a film that hinges on its central whodunnit, as well as keeping who lives and dies a surprise.

Imagine knowing Drew bites it before you saw the original. It robs the film of its genuine shock, and undermines the work that the whole crew put in to present that to us.

But that’s just me.
I don't think anybody wants a spoiler filled trailer, but when it comes to slasher films that's just how they do it. I've always thought they should film alternate footage specifically for trailers to keep from spoiling major things like deaths.

That's exactly how you should promo a movie like Scream. Show us something new, but don't give us anything more.

Although the Scream 5 trailer got me really excited, by the time the movie came around it had spoilt so much. So I hope even the final trailer is as relatively vague.

New still:

Last edited:
That's exactly how you should promo a movie like Scream. Show us something new, but don't give us anything more.

Although the Scream 5 trailer got me really excited, by the time the movie came around it had spoilt so much. So I hope even the final trailer is as relatively vague.

New still:
Interesting. I wonder if this like, Billy Loomis' old mask or something.

I'm Team Teaser Trailer. I don't need to see more than that to get excited for a movie. It introduces the setting and the mood perfectly and this new installment looks pretty promising! It also made me realize how much I appreciate this new cast. I am not ready for them to die.