The Scream Franchise

he/him
So...

According to “unverified info” Sidney and Gale will be the main characters in Scream 7 with Sidney's kids. The others will be “supporting” they will have a side storyline to Gale and Sidney.
Smells like Scream 4. I like it.
I don’t even get how this would work

Yeah, they should abandon. When Mindy said they were now in a franchise, she probably didn't mean a second tier cheapo bus-a-load-of-convenient-teen-fodder-in one where they're clueless to everything that went before. Elm Street 5 revisited.

I don’t even get how this would work
The main characters are the Kincaid family: Sidney, Mark and two kids. Then you have Gale, a neighbor and a nanny. We know they're looking for 2-3 characters in their twenties which could be the nanny, neighbor and maybe a family member of the neighbor. And of course we don't know all of the characters or the full premise, but I don't see how that is confusing. It's a killer targeting a family.

I don't think it sounds anything like 4. We've never had a Scream movie centered around characters in their 50s and 60s, along with young children. If executed well they have the opportunity to do something different at least.

I dreamt (again) last night a new film came out. Total reboot with nobody returning. It was set entirely in a high school, the final girl was deaf and Ghostface had a different mask, only offed two people the entire film. I was watching it and checking my watch because it was so boring.

He/They
I dreamt (again) last night a new film came out. Total reboot with nobody returning. It was set entirely in a high school, the final girl was deaf and Ghostface had a different mask, only offed two people the entire film. I was watching it and checking my watch because it was so boring.
Whay kind of Scream Tv series awfulness

Just got back from “Abigail” in theaters. It was funny, wild, GROSS and a lot of fun. You root for Melissa the whole time. But I haven’t been to a theater in a long time and everybody was talking through it - is that just a regular thing now!? What the fuck…

Just got back from “Abigail” in theaters. It was funny, wild, GROSS and a lot of fun. You root for Melissa the whole time. But I haven’t been to a theater in a long time and everybody was talking through it - is that just a regular thing now!? What the fuck…
Your bio says New York and this is what I've always experienced there!

The Ryan C Showers Scream podcast did a reading of a Scream 7 script written by author Joe Vallese last June. They’ve just followed up with a part 8 which is a Gale centric story featuring Sidney and Kirby. If anybody is interested, it’s the most recent episode of the podcast.

I’m just starting the episode so I’ll follow up with my thoughts once I’ve heard the script.

The Ryan C Showers Scream podcast did a reading of a Scream 7 script written by author Joe Vallese last June. They’ve just followed up with a part 8 which is a Gale centric story featuring Sidney and Kirby. If anybody is interested, it’s the most recent episode of the podcast.

I’m just starting the episode so I’ll follow up with my thoughts once I’ve heard the script.

Please don't listen to that Podcast people. Ryan is racist, transphobic and just all around an asshole.