The Scream Franchise

Unless they're setting Scream 7 quite a some distance in the future, one of those kids is under 5, given we saw Sid pushing a stroller in Scream 5. So, safe to say there's been no prepping of these kids going on.

I agree with everyone saying that having the kids in the mix is utterly pointless. Absolutely nothing is happening to them. This whole set up sounds so stupid.

Maybe they'll do that thing that sitcoms do where someone has a baby but in the very next season it's a sassy 6-year-old.

Maybe they'll do that thing that sitcoms do where someone has a baby but in the very next season it's a sassy 6-year-old.
That’s what I’m guessing. 6 and the other will be 10-12 which tracks with the girl from Megan auditioning.

ETA:

Neve is featured in People’s Most Beautiful issue.
IMG_1226.jpeg

Reactions: Uno
He/him
Screaming (boom boom) at people saying it's going to be shit and stupid from a few rumors.
Also reaching but hey...

Over and over again the same people are here with this toxic negativity with the same posts that in no other way move the discussion about this franchise forward.

Every single positive post will be commented on with something like what you wrote. I think the majority of posters that want to talk about Scram decided to move from this thread because of the constant negative surrounding in this thread.

I decided that this thread is not the place for me anymore because of my mental health and life situation. I wanted to talk and be happy about some things in my life and that is talking about my favorite franchise so I don't think about other things. I understand that people have strong feelings but this constant negativity is taking a toll on me. Good luck to all of you.
On a serious note, I do not wish to contribute to making your mental health suffer in any way, but if taking time away from this thread is best for you, then it's obviously what you should do. Equally, add me to your ignore list and you won't have to see me.

It has been explained multiple times that complaining about negativity around Scream 7 is not it. That movie deserves zero positivity or goodwill. We can all talk about the positives that we were able to enjoy from this franchise up until they completely ruined everything, but I definitely will not just watch ignorantly positive posts about this new movie go by without anything being said.

I'm very much of the opinion that taste is subjective and there's room for all opinions. But this is one of those very rare times where there's just a very clear right and wrong position.

Here are more photos from Neve’s People shoot:IMG_1230.jpegIMG_1229.jpegIMG_1228.jpegIMG_1227.jpeg

People Article: https://people.com/beautiful-issue-...tm_medium=social&utm_campaign=shareurlbuttons

I’m happy they recognized her and went as far as to do a photoshoot as well. She had a strong year with two streaming shows finishing in the Top Ten across streaming platforms. I still hope she gets a new series where she is the lead. I hate her show at ABC didn’t get picked up. It seemed right up her alley.

There's no denying Neve is a beautiful woman but that shoot really is not all that flattering. The outfits are hideous and do her no justice, and it's a harsh lighting set up.

They should tie in the cast of the Scream TV series into Scream 7, wrap up everyone's stories for good and then leave it a good 10 years before returning to the franchise.

As much as I have enjoyed elements of 5 and 6 the screenplays often haven't felt tight enough and the killers and motives have felt weak. I think feeling the need to link everything back to Sidney actually hinders the story and where they can go with it.

I'm not sure how I feel about Scream 7 at this point. Nothing I'm hearing thus far excites me. At all.

• Duck
Reactions: Uno
They should tie in the cast of the Scream TV series into Scream 7, wrap up everyone's stories for good and then leave it a good 10 years before returning to the franchise.
I feel it’s too late to revisit the tv series (especially since it wasn’t that successful) but I did want them to do a fourth season that combined the casts of the two versions at college. I think that could’ve been an interesting story. I do hope they one day try tv again. It could work better as a streaming series.

As much as I have enjoyed elements of 5 and 6 the screenplays often haven't felt tight enough and the killers and motives have felt weak. I think feeling the need to link everything back to Sidney actually hinders the story and where they can go with it.
I agree with you here. Even before 7 entered production, I’ve always advocated for a non-Sidney or Sam focused sequel. My personal choice would’ve been to test Sidney for a good 10 years and bring her back when her kids were teens. You could still include her, but I wouldn’t make her a part of Ghostface’s motive.

In general I do think they miss an opportunity to mix things up when you have so many survivors and can take the story anywhere. I think Gale is ripe for her own film, especially coming off 6. I also think if you wanted to bring it back to Woodsboro, the twins would be the best way to do that and then of course the options are endless with Kirby.

Now that’s not to say *not* to include any particular character, but you can still tell a story where the Ghostface motive differs at least.

Rmx

He/Him/His
The styling of the People shoot does her no justice. But the video interview is far better.

She looks múch better in that video talking and being animated than she does posing, she looks so stiff and rigid. Her smile is to die for, don't look so serious sis.

He/him
There's a series of quotes in Neve's People interview that couldn't speak much louder to her privilege. The last line in particular is a real zinger.

“I'm really grateful that the studio heard me when I talked about pay discrepancy and when I talked about [Scream VI negotiations] not feeling respectful,” she says. “When they first approached me [for Scream 7], I thought, ‘I don't know what respectful looks like to them. We might be in very different places.’ But they started out in a strong place, so that was lovely."

The studio’s starting offer changed how Campbell viewed the opportunity to return to a character she loves, the star adds.
"It feels nice to have put that out into the world and to have been listened to and to have made a difference in that way," she says. "I hope other people get that opportunity too."

But not the person that was fired, and is likely the only reason you're back on board as the main lead. Definitely not them Neve. Other people though, sure.

Rmx

He/Him/His
There's a series of quotes in Neve's People interview that couldn't speak much louder to her privilege. The last line in particular is a real zinger.

“I'm really grateful that the studio heard me when I talked about pay discrepancy and when I talked about [Scream VI negotiations] not feeling respectful,” she says. “When they first approached me [for Scream 7], I thought, ‘I don't know what respectful looks like to them. We might be in very different places.’ But they started out in a strong place, so that was lovely."

The studio’s starting offer changed how Campbell viewed the opportunity to return to a character she loves, the star adds.
"It feels nice to have put that out into the world and to have been listened to and to have made a difference in that way," she says. "I hope other people get that opportunity too."

But not the person that was fired, and is likely the only reason you're back on board as the main lead. Definitely not them Neve. Other people though, sure.

Why add that last line when it's beyond obvious she doesn't mean it.

It doesn't sit right with me, her talking about what was probably a lot of money to start with, sort of flaunting that she got even more now. It just comes across as greedy, especially with what we know. Not a cute look at all.