The Scream Franchise

They've been trying to start a new trilogy since 2011 - give it up, hags!

Since 4, they haven't even been able to keep their protagonists in for longer than 2 movies in a row without fucking them over and forcing them out. Let's worry about that before we worry about any other 5-year-plan.

But even before they dropped Melissa, it made no sense to view 7 as the end of a trilogy. The amount of people who survived 6, plus the core four just being established could’ve driven several sequels.

Probably 7 was going to be about Sam embracing the dark side of her nature. The twins likely would've been killed off.

In a way it not actually happening has given Sam's story the perfect closure because at the end of 6 she did acknowledge her father's presence in her life but did not allow it to consume her and she abandoned the "killer" inside her.

I've seen more than a few people comment that they "never liked Sam anyway" who'll doubtlessly be seeing this as a return to form.

I think general audiences who loved the new ones will be "Sidney again?". Won't flop but no way it's going to attract a huge young audience like 5 and 6.

He/him
My opinion might change as I get further in, but I started to read The Final Girl Support Group. I'm barely into it at all really, but the main character of that seems like it'd be a great fit for Melissa.

Last edited:
My opinion might change as I get further in, but I started to read The Final Girl Support Group. I'm barely into it at all really, but I the main character of that seems like it'd be a great fit for Melissa.

It's being made into a series I think. I couldn't stand the lead character for most of it, but things improve towards the end.

It's been 3 years since they announced they were turning it into a series, I can't wait. The premise and story are so good.