The Seventh PJ Grammys: Winners Announced! | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

The Seventh PJ Grammys: Winners Announced!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Sail On, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Please welcome to the thread, Jack Antonoff!

*Medley of assorted L*n*, Florence and Taylor songs plays*

First of all I’d like to gracefully mention it’s cool that I wasn’t nominated this year, I get that 2021 was a stacked year and the talent before me, yikes! I won’t take it personally. I mean, it’s kinda lucky that I had the time to be here tonight. Every pop girl is basically fighting over me to get my name on their albums. Enough about me, the nominees for Producer of the Year are…

Finneas

James Ford

Sega Bodega

SG Lewis

Yves Rothman

And the winner is:

SG Lewis
    (times, "Hot N Heavy", "Let Them Know", "Live to Survive")

Full results:

Finneas (2)

James Ford (2)

Sega Bodega (2)

SG Lewis (8)

Yves Rothman (0)

2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

SG deserved both but happy for Slayyter! These are going swimmingly for me so far x

GimmeWork, Island, Sail On and 2 others like this.
  3. Please welcome to the thread, another of last year’s winners… Chloe x Halle!

*Ungodly Hour plays… the audience goes wild*

Good evening Popjustice.com! It is so good to be back. We are honoured to be presenting a slay of a category. We love each one of you. Let’s find out who was nominated in Best R&B Performance...

Mariah the Scientist – Aura

Normani & Cardi B – Wild Side

SZA – Good Days

Tinashe – Bouncin

Victoria Monet – F.U.C.K.

*Chloe whispers into the mic… stream my single*

And the winner is:

Normani & Cardi B – Wild Side

Full results:

Mariah the Scientist – Aura (2)

Normani & Cardi B – Wild Side (6)

SZA – Good Days (2)

Tinashe – Bouncin (5)

Victoria Monet – F.U.C.K. (2)

That's all from me for tonight. I'll back over to @Sail On for your next categories.

4. R&B category was absolutely stacked but i'm happy Wild Side won. And Aura was a nice little discovery for me!

5. And I knew it was always going to be a Kacey win but i'm proud of Allison Ponthier for getting the runner up in both categories. The little EP that could!

6. Ddd this is sending me.

Was hoping Tinashe would win this one but also not mad at it.

7. Please welcome to the thread: Doja Cat!

Doja: I know what y’all are thinking: “wow, this is so nice of Doja to present this award even though the PJ Academy snubbed her.” Don’t get it twisted. I’m here to steal this trophy.

Nah, I kid. You’ll catch me either collabing or listening to these nominees on repeat while on Instagram live. And the nominees for Best Rap Performance are...

Bree Runway - HOT HOT

Cardi B - Up

Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow - Industry Baby

Little Simz ft. Cleo Sol - Woman

Megan Thee Stallion - Thot Shit

And the winner is:

Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow - Industry Baby

Full results:

Bree Runway - HOT HOT (1) // Cardi B - Up (4) // Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow - Industry Baby (10) // Little Simz ft. Cleo Sol - Woman (1) // Megan Thee Stallion - Thot Shit (1)

8. Not the only man in the category winning. It's just like the real Grammys! (It's a deserved win though, don't get me wrong)

9. Is Jack Harlow the first straight man to win a PJ Grammy?
    [​IMG]

10. Please welcome to the thread: Cardi B!

Cardi: Eeeeeooooooowwww! What’s up, Popjustice! In another case of shady bookings, I’ve been tasked tonight to announce the winner for Best Rap Album. Very subtle way to get me to talk about my own album, hmmm? Nice try!

Here are the nominees:

Lil Nas X - MONTERO

Little Simz - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert

Megan Thee Stallion - Something for Thee Hotties

Therapie Taxi - Rupture 2 Merde

Tyler, the Creator - CALL ME WHEN YOU GET LOST

And the winner is:

Lil Nas X - MONTERO
    [​IMG]
    Full results:

Lil Nas X - MONTERO (14) // Little Simz - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert (3) // Megan Thee Stallion - Something for Thee Hotties (0) // Therapie Taxi - Rupture 2 Merde (1) // Tyler, the Creator - CALL ME WHEN YOU GET LOST (0)

11. *Adele voice* Ladies and gentlemen, H.E.R.

H.E.R.: Honestly, it’s tough being a Grammy darling. It’s so much pressure! That’s why I’m glad to be here where literally no PJ Academy members have listened to the entirety of my debut but also third studio album Back of My Mind. You know what they have listened to? The nominees for Best R&B / Progressive R&B Album are:

Alicia Keys - KEYS

Celeste - Not Your Muse

Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales

Mariah the Scientist - Ry Ry World

Tinashe - 333

And the winner is:
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    [​IMG]

Full results:

Alicia Keys - KEYS (1) // Celeste - Not Your Muse (1) // Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales (9) // Mariah the Scientist - Ry Ry World (0) // Tinashe - 333 (6)

12. Well - I see it could be worse than just one vote when you get zero dd

13. That's it for tonight! You might consider these the "pre-telecast awards."

Tomorrow, we'll bring you the winners to the remaining categories:

Best Alternative Album
    Best Alternative Song
    Best Pop Solo Performance
    Best Pop Duo / Group Performance
    Best Pop Vocal Album
    Best New Artist
    Song of the Year
    Record of the Year
    Album of the Year​

14. Hope Angèle and Videoclub can take something home for Equipe Française!

15. SG Lewis was robbed of dance record, but otherwise these results are going SWIMMINGLY thus far.

BubblegumBoy and Sail On like this.
  16. So is the mess @BubblegumBoy was talking about in the General and Pop categories dd? Cause there's not much I disagree with so far.

BubblegumBoy, Sail On and Maki like this.
  17. You'll have to wait and see! Let's say there was a lot of discussion between @Sail On and I about SOTY and ROTY!

So far the only injustice I'm mad at is Magdalena Bay missing out on Best Dance Album.

18. The lovely @Sail On is a bit tangled up at present, so let's continue with some awards tonight...

Please welcome to the thread, Florence (without her machine)!

*My Love plays*

Greetings friends! It feels so good to be up on a stage again. Mark my words, I will give these girls a run for their money at next year’s ceremony. Let’s hear it for this year’s nominees for Best Alternative Album:

CHVRCHES – Screen Violence

Halsey – If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power

Japanese Breakfast – Jubilee

St. Vincent – Daddy’s Home

Wolf Alice – Blue Weekend

And the winner is:

Halsey – If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power

Full results:

CHVRCHES – Screen Violence (3)

Halsey – If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power (6)

Japanese Breakfast – Jubilee (2)

St. Vincent – Daddy’s Home (1)

Wolf Alice – Blue Weekend (5)

19. Please welcome to the thread, Dua Lipa!

*Sweetest Pie plays*

PJ Grammys!!! I’m in the midst of my tour and I’m here for this big pop energy tonight. You girls better be checking for my video of the year contender I just dropped. *there’s a slight groan from every gay in the audience… Dua clicks her fingers and suddenly every gay is back under her spell again* Get it to number 1… or I’ll get Ed up here. *the gays go wild for Dua* Anyway, what was I here for? Oh yes… the nominees for Best Pop Solo Performance are:

Agnes – 24 Hours

Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever

Foxes – Sister Ray

Laura Mvula – Got Me

Maisie Peters – John Hughes Movie

And the winner is:

Agnes – 24 Hours

Full results:

Agnes – 24 Hours (5)

Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever (4)

Foxes – Sister Ray (4)

Laura Mvula – Got Me (3)

Maisie Peters – John Hughes Movie (4)

20. Please welcome to the thread, Cheryl

*Crazy Stupid Love plays*

Alrighteeeeeee PJ babes. Am so honoured to be here amongst so many talented pop vocalists. *the audience is so silent, you could hear Halsey’s child’s rattle drop* Anee-way.. let’s have the nominees for Best Pop Vocal Album:

Agnes – Magic Still Exists

Aly & AJ – a touch of the beat gets you up on your feet gets you out and then into the sun

Angele – Nonante-Cinq

Doja Cat – Planet Her

Self Esteem – Prioritise Pleasure

And the winner is:

Aly & AJ – a touch of the beat gets you up on your feet gets you out and then into the sun

Full results:

Agnes – Magic Still Exists (2)

Aly & AJ – a touch of the beat gets you up on your feet gets you out and then into the sun (9)

Angele – Nonante-Cinq (3)

Doja Cat – Planet Her (2)

Self Esteem – Prioritise Pleasure (4)

*Cheryl is seen running across the stage towards Jack Antonoff with a demo in her hand… Jack bolts faster than Demi Lovato chasing an UFO sighting*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.