The Simpsons (I just think they're neat!) | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

The Simpsons (I just think they're neat!)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by SpanishEyes, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Ugh. Literally who asked for this? Give us remasters or sequels, for crying out loud.

2. Me right now writing an angry complaint letter to Al Jean and company:

[​IMG]

3. I do love Tapped Out but haven't played in years because it started taking an hour+ a day to keep up and then if I didn't play for a couple of weeks I'd go back and still have to finish all the seasonal quests I missed and, meh.

4. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

[​IMG] Shudder.

stuaw, DoggySwami, Remorque and 4 others like this.
  5. Does anyone know the difference between The Simpsons theme park in Universal Hollywood vs Orlando? Are they the same? Is one better than the other? I really want to see it!

berserkboi likes this.
  6. I've been to the Orlando one and it was a amazing! I can't tell you if there is any differences between the two but I have been to three Disney theme parks and the rides that carry the same name are the same throughout! I'd imagine the same principle would follow here in the general Theme Park guidelines..

beautifulmorning likes this.
  7. I thought one was called Springfield and the other simply revolves around The Simpsons ride. It’s a bit confusing.

I really want to see Moe’s and the Kwik-E-Mart, not to mention eat at Krusty Burger!

berserkboi likes this.
  8. Right! My mistake then, sorry :( - I thought you were talking about the ride exclusively. I didn't go to the themed restaurant or anything but they looked fun and busy - the Theme Park that includes them in Orlando (Movie World?) is very well put together :)

beautifulmorning likes this.
  9. Thanks! I believe both are Universal (theme park). They look so amazing. The giant pink Homer donuts!!! (drools)

berserkboi likes this.
  10. Are people really interested in a comic book related to Disenchantment yet.. I mean enough to start a comic book company for it instead of working with an established one?? This sounds like a disaster in the making. I hope Disney lets another comic book company take a crack at The Simpsons. Bongo went down the crapper in the early 2000s and then only got worse once Nathan Kane was handed the keys and had no clue what he was doing.

SIMPSONS Creator MATT GROENING Launches New Comic Company

Simpsons creator Matt Groening returns to publishing with the launch of a new company titled Bapper Books. First reported by The Comics Beat, Bapper Books will launch with a collection of stories based on his Netflix animated series Disenchanment.

"Ultimately, Disenchantment is about life and death, love and sex, and how to keep laughing in a world full of suffering and idiots, despite what the elders and wizards and other jerks tell you," Groening said. "And before the onslaught of legal merch hits the shelves, we are proud to present Disenchantment: Untold Tales, which is a sideways comic–full of your favorite fantasy freaks doing stuff we couldn’t fit into the TV show."

Groening's previous publishing company, Bongo Comics, closed earlier this year after 26 years - and came concurrent to Simpsons' owner, 21st Century Fox, being acquired by the Walt Disney Company. Prior to the success of Simpsons, Groening was a comic strip writer/artist with the series Life is Hell.

The release date and creators for Disenchantment: Untold Tales have not been specified, however the company plans to exhibit at this month's Comic-Con International: San Diego at the same booth space Bongo has had for decades, #2519.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    Tribal Spaceman and DoggySwami like this.
  11. Season 19 is available for pre-order.

New Flame and Robbietoxic like this.
  12. FINALLY!

New Flame and Robbietoxic like this.
  13. I assume this'll be the last one with the Disney On Demand starting in November. At least we now have 1-20.

Chris Lala likes this.
  14. I hope it gets an European release as well. Having seasons 1 to 20 on dvd, except for season 19, felt so incomplete.

Too bad they went for Homer on the cover. There were plenty other characters they could've used.

Chris Lala likes this.
  15. Justice for the female characters that have been ignored for every DVD release since season 10. I’m looking at you Crazy Cat Lady, Patti and Selma.

16. True. Edna Krabappel, Agnes Skinner, Lindsey Naegle and Cookie Kwan are all waiting as well.

17. Cookie Kwan!!! How could I forget my spirit animal? Also Sherri and Terri And Luann Van Houten will always be faves of mine.

18. Cookie Kwan as the cover for season 19 would have been everything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.