The Simpsons (I just think they're neat!) | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum

The Simpsons (I just think they're neat!)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by SpanishEyes, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Edna on the cover of Season 16 or 17 would have been a really nice tribute to Marcia Wallace, she was a much bigger character than that professor guy and Sideshow Bob.
    I have a theory that with every season, 18 on wards, there's at least 5 really great episodes in each one, but it's just sifting through every episode to find them which I don't think I can bring myself to do.

2. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Russi Taylor has passed away.

She voiced Martin Prince, Uter, Sherri, Terri, Lewis and various other Simpsons characters, plus a wide variety of other cartoon icons including Minnie Mouse, Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby from DuckTales, Strawberry Shortcake, Muppet Babies' Gonzo, Pebbles Flintstone, Widget the World Watcher and many more.

johnny_tsunami, LMX, LPT and 5 others like this.
  3. Unfortunately we’re probably going to hear about more and more of the actors passing away. They aren’t kids anymore. How on Earth could they replace Julie Kavner or Yeardley Smith??! I have a feeling the minute one of the main 4 go, that will be the end of the show. Harry Shearer is going to be 76.

4. My favourite Sherri and Terri scene

This is one of those American references I can’t fully appreciate but the reaction from the other kids gets me every time

5. LMX

LMX

It wasn't me, it was the HAIR.

Peak TV I think.

6. I hate bringing it up under the circumstances but her performance of Martin dying on the show was amazing.

7. I really hope Disney DOES start throwing its weight around... first up, the firing of Al Jean.

8. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I've said it several times but I'd love them to try a miniseries format with an ongoing story. They've exhausted every pop culture reference possible and the format change would allow them to get back to what they did best, a warped snapshot of modern western life.

9. If the spinoffs are basically just one character but everything else is the same, keep it. However if they use it to play with the format and maybe have a serialized story (and bring Matt Groening and some of the old writers back) then I'm piqued. For example, I would be really interested to see a neo-noir/darker murder-mystery arc.

10. Bring on the Patty and Selma Show.

11. This was an excellent video I've watched recently, made me a bit emotional too.

LPMA and Disco Tears like this.
  12. Nelson's Ha-Ha is amazing here.

Hard to believe it's still in production. I genuinely cannot remember when I last saw a new episode.

beautifulmorning likes this.
  13. I couldn’t get through an entire new episode last year. It was so bad. I had to turn it off.

Rob likes this.
  14. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I watched a modern episode quite recently where Krusty joins a circus. It was surprisingly decent, but you really do have to sit through a lot of rubbish in order to find ones like that.

15. I’m not one of those people who say everything after season 9/10 is complete trash, some of it can raise a smile but I have to agree there’s a whole lot of meh

16. I’ll see myself out.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  17. An episode I really liked which never seems to air was the one where they put Bart on a new ADHD meds that made him smart(er) until he thought he was being spied on by satellites.

He steals a tank and points it at the school and Mrs Krabappel says: "No. Stop. Think of the children," in the most sarcastic way.

18. Focusyn.

19. I was Today Years Old when I realised she wasn’t saying “I’m so hungry I could eat an army” - fuck, why am I so dumb???!!!

Remorque likes this.
  20. Looks like we're finally going to be able to stream The Simpsons in the UK!

It'll be a welcome change from a seemingly endless cycle of South Park and Still Game.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.