THE SO+Y 2017: ◈⟐ THOT 100 ◈⟐ #38 // #37 | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

THE SO+Y 2017: ◈⟐ THOT 100 ◈⟐ #38 // #37

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Squashua, Dec 4, 2017.

?

How many songs should make the SO+Y Final?

Poll closed Dec 16, 2017.
  1. Let's make it a Top 100.

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Same as last year - 60 songs.

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. 80 sounds like a reasonable extension.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Considering a name change to "Restrained Gold."

2. Yeah. I think I will have to select the song that Irene seems to have some interest in performing.
    [​IMG]
    If there is one.

Squashua and Slice of Life like this.
  3. ◈⟐
    Update #1

◈⟐

[​IMG]

So in the first 48 hours we've had a lovely 5 Voters put forward their choices which equate to:

5 SUPER TRASH selections (obviously)
    57 BALLOT SONGS + 2 RESERVES (so 64 songs in this year's rate so far)
    3 TIERS OF BEIGE CLASS (as it stands)

There are still a LOT of big names/songs that haven't been chosen
    so I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Also, to keep this thread afloat in the sea of KPJ, i think i'm going to do a Month-by-Month 5 song round-up with release calendars, SK's actual number ones e.t.c each day until the deadline closes for those still requiring inspiration. Why 5 songs? Because that's all I can embed in a single post (i may throw some gifs of others in if it doesn't make the page nonfunctional to open too).

HAPPY HUMP DAY HEATHENS x

[​IMG]

Remorque, Aries, Sanctuary and 12 others like this.
  4. Gintoki, Slice of Life and Island like this.
  5. Yas, I'll throw together something this week!

Edit: JK I sent mine in
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  6. I’ve got a sticky note ready for when I get back from work, still not sure about a couple of choices/my Super Trash selection. X

7. Wait so I’m confused, is the Super Trash our most favourite song or least favourite?

8. He

He

Doesn't have to be your most favorite. But it's a song you are sending to the final straight away, which means you really like it. But you can also strategically send a favorite but not so popular song into the final.

9. He Oppa is correct @RUNAWAY. Super Trash is a good thing - just remember the age old saying:
    [​IMG]

10. So I shouldn’t just put something I think @D is for Danger! would like?

11. I'm sure he'd be more than happy if you did but nah, go with whatever lies at the heart of your own personal musical trashcan sis.

12. Another man’s trash is another man’s treasure (and vice versa).

Choose whatever you like. I simply helped with the concept of this year’s rate.

Slice of Life, RUNAWAY and Squashua like this.
  13. I am very confused but I will try my best.

14. Define SUPER TRASH for the unfrozen cavemen and unhipsters like myself....?

15. Trash (adjective)
    1. informal Commonly used on online forums (e.g. KPJ) to refer to something that is low-quality, a hot mess, cheap and/or ratchet but still appreciated for its general boppery and danceability.
    e.g. "'Oppa is Trash' by Pop Girls is such a trash bop - I stan. Wig flew. E.t.c."

Super Trash (collocation)
    1. official A term employed by The SO+Y rate and given, by voters, to the song they see as most worthy of immediately qualifying for the final. A Super Trash song does not have to be actual Trash but can fit that category. Usually applied to a song of high quality and based on personal preference.
    e.g. "I wouldn't choose Psy - 'I Luv It' as my Super Trash because it is legitimately terrible."

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  16. [​IMG]

17. Dats me.

Slice of Life likes this.
  18. Wait, so our trash songs are supposed to be trash??

Because I mean... that changes everything.

19. I fear I’m making this more complicated than it has to be eeeek...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.