THE SO+Y 2017: ◈⟐ THOT 100 ◈⟐ #38 // #37 | Page 22 | The Popjustice Forum

THE SO+Y 2017: ◈⟐ THOT 100 ◈⟐ #38 // #37

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Squashua, Dec 4, 2017.

?

How many songs should make the SO+Y Final?

Poll closed Dec 16, 2017.
  1. Let's make it a Top 100.

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Same as last year - 60 songs.

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. 80 sounds like a reasonable extension.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Poor Seohyunnie. At least I voted for all of the three finalists so I'm not mad.

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

CLASS 2 RESULTS #2

◈⟐#12 - #10 ◈⟐

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#12: Seventeen (Per. Team) - Lili Yabbay (17 points / 6 voters)
    #11: Stellar - Archangels of the Sephiroth (24 / 10v)
    #10: IU - Last Night Story (25 / 11v)

Can you see how hard this Class is? Last Night Story is amazing, the video is amazing, IU is pretty amazing - this really deserved better than 10th place. Once again, I'm kinda shocked to see Seventeen underperforming, the video is impressive even if I don't love the song, and my girls Stellar are out of options of reclaiming another top 5 spot. Yup, no more buttography for y'all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#12=: Monsta X - Beautiful (19 / 7v)
    #11: Wanna One - Energetic (26 / 8v)
    #10: GFriend - Love Whisper (27 / 8v)

More boy band casualties (are we surprised?) as my favourite MX track of the year flops, the opening track of the Broduce 101 post-show era scores high but not high enough and GFriend don't manage to sneak by a la Summer Rain. Pingatip ain't divisive at all compared to lil Love Whisper's puddle dancing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#12: YESEO - Rude (21 / 8v)
    #11: BTS - Spring Day (22 / 7v)
    #10: Elris - Pow Pow (23 / 7v)

A HECK NO @ this result. Two of these are stone cold final-worthy bops, the other is Spring Day. I'm still a bit sad Pow Pow flew under the radar when it's got personality and charm by the bucketload - clearly you've never experience love (hint: it's volcano). Rude is now kinda iconic for ushering the new K-Indie wave here on the forum and BTS is BTS really, with Spring Day probably being their best release/MV this year.

THE NEXT 3 SONGS THROUGH
    FROM BEIGE CLASS 2 ARE:

[​IMG]

BG: CLC - LIAR
    CB: EXID - BOY
    CL: EXO - THE EVE

STILL IN THE RUNNING
    [​IMG]

Anck Su Namum - Yezi
    April Story - April
    Dinosaur - AKMU
    How Can I Say? - DAY6
    I Just - Red Velvet
    I'll Be Yours - Girl's Day
    Knock Knock - TWICE

[​IMG]

B-day - Lucy
    Callin' - A.C.E.
    Island - Winner
    Jam Jam - IU
    Kingdom Come - Red Velvet
    Loonatic - LOONA OEC
    Love is a Sudden - MIXX

[​IMG]

Ocean View - Yuseol
    O Sole Mio - SF9
    Perfect 10 - Red Velvet
    Trust Me - KARD
    Velvet - LE (EXID)
    Want You To Say - Playback
    We Young - NCT Dream

3. He

He

Poor Wanna One, Energetic is a bop and a half!

4. I FUCKING GIVE UP

5. What the hell is wrong with y’all?!

6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

CLASS 2 RESULTS #3

◈⟐#9 - #7 ◈⟐

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#9=: April - April Story (25 points / 6 voters)
    #8: DAY6 - How Can I Say? (32 / 11v)
    #6=: Girl's Day - I'll Be Yours (34 / 9v)

[one more in this time for the next post]

STOP SLEEPING ON APRIL STORY GODDAMNIT. First the Underrated Reunion and now here? At least it makes choosing an 11 a little less crowded for the final but that's hardly a silver lining when it's magical wintertime sadness personified. How Can I Say? is probably in my holy trinity of DAY6 songs too so BOO @ that not making it. If those 11 voters had all given it a 5 it would have easily qualified - makes you think huh? The less said about I'll Be Yours the better to these ears, Heart Attack just appeared and did it better anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#8=: WINNER - Island (30 / 10v)
    A.C.E. - Callin' (30 / 8v)
    #7: IU - Jam Jam (31 / 15v)

Leave poor the twentysomething Princess of Korea alone, bless her. Jam Jam is one of her actual legitimate Kylie-sounding bops and received votes from 50% of people (shame they were all 1-3s aside from @GeiPanda 's single 4). I'm so glad someone super-trashed Cactus because booty-short sporting nugus A.C.E. didn't deserve to miss out on the final. Callin' really should be there too let's be real. When it comes to Island, i can honestly say i'm team Really Really/Fool over Love Me Love Me/Island so I have my fingers crossed for the former to be WINNER's representative going forward.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#9: KARD - Trust Me (24 / 9v)
    #6=: NCT Dream - We Young (29 / 8v)
    LE (EXID) - Velvet (29 / 12v)

[One more in this tie coming in the next post]

OH AND I FORGOT TRUST ME WAS HERE TOO WOW SORRY KARD. I actually really like Trust Me too (at least the BM/Somin version) so that's a folly on my part. The three way tie at 6th includes Slicey's Foetus Babes with We Young that was actually top of the team during the first 1/3rd of voting and the LE solo from Eclipse, which is hawwwt & steamy fyi if you didn't listen to it.

THE NEXT 3 SONGS THROUGH
    FROM BEIGE CLASS 2 ARE:

[​IMG]

BG: AKMU - DINOSAUR
    CB: RED VELVET - KINGDOM COME
    CL: PLAYBACK - WANT YOU TO SAY

LAST THREE OF THE TEAM
    Which ONES will Qualify?
    [​IMG]

Anck Su Namum - Yezi
    I Just - Red Velvet
    Knock Knock - TWICE

[​IMG]

B-day - Lucy
    Loonatic - LOONA OEC
    Love is a Sudden - MIXX

[​IMG]

Ocean View - Yuseol
    O Sole Mio - SF9
    Perfect 10 - Red Velvet

7. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ryan_riot92, Serg., Squashua and 7 others like this.
  8. He

He

Poor KARD. The decay is real.

Velvet should be in, though. What the fuck.

Squashua and send photo like this.
  9. KARD, DAY6 eliminated? Y'all have a death wish or something? Honestly all songs remaining in those 3 groups are trash compared to what was cut earlier...

karmarisma, Squashua and send photo like this.
  10. He

He

I guess KARD released too much music or something?

You & Me has some of their best, though. Shame it's not appreciated more.

Also, not every Red Velvet album track should advance.

LOONATIC can also stay out.

11. ...
    [​IMG]
    Unsubscribing from this thread for real this time. And putting you ALL on ignore just in case.

12. [​IMG]

13. Finally my submission made it through (Boy)! Too bad I had to lose Pow Pow and more Yeseo/IU for it to happen.

ryan_riot92, Ceir, Squashua and 6 others like this.
  14. I'll Be Yours didn't make it?? Love Whisper, Spring Day, Jam Jam and Velvet are all out??

Now I understand what y'all were saying yesterday.

karmarisma, ryan_riot92, Ceir and 6 others like this.
  15. Yall messed up not voting Energetic in, get some taste. You'd think once we finally stan a boy group the girls could jump on board HMMMMmmT.

At least Legendback - Want You to Say advanced.

[​IMG]

karmarisma, Ceir, Squashua and 7 others like this.
  16. The one time I actually nominate a boy group and it gets slaughtered.

karmarisma, Ceir, Squashua and 3 others like this.
  17. He

He

I demand a recount for Wanna One!

18. I voted for all of them and even I agree it's a bit ridiculous. Maybe they should've been stacked in one beige group this round coughlikeCLCinthenextroundcough

karmarisma, Slice of Life and He like this.
  19. [​IMG]

I'm honestly not ready for that round, I have a feeling I'll lose a few big faves there.

karmarisma, ryan_riot92, Ceir and 5 others like this.
  20. Well good thing I super trash'd Cactus then.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.