THE SO+Y 2017: ◈⟐ THOT 100 ◈⟐ #38 // #37 | Page 55 | The Popjustice Forum

THE SO+Y 2017: ◈⟐ THOT 100 ◈⟐ #38 // #37

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Squashua, Dec 4, 2017.

?

How many songs should make the SO+Y Final?

Poll closed Dec 16, 2017.
  1. Let's make it a Top 100.

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Same as last year - 60 songs.

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. 80 sounds like a reasonable extension.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. He

He

I stan produce 101, but come on, Sejeong's buddies Fingertip is just a good nugu group debut, whereas Pingatip is properly amazing all out Gfriend and a template that should have been followed for several comebacks.

Slice of Life and ThighHighs like this.
  2. Fingertips features my favorite Splice creature lookalike Ng Sze Kai (my other 11 in the P101 rate) though, so I still stan.

McQueer likes this.
  3. I'm not. I just don't want them releasing a tired ass version of a song they had just released. Fingertip is not even my favorite song of theirs nñn

[​IMG]

Aries, Serg., karmarisma and 3 others like this.
  4. GFriend is mostly garbage except Fingertip. Such a red herring if that’s the first of theirs you heard.

5. It must get lonely in Comeback Corner sometimes.

Slice of Life, Aries, Serg. and 3 others like this.
  6. Okay but why are you attacking me?

[​IMG]

7. I don't find GFriend interesting.

[​IMG]

Serg. likes this.
  8. How you can say all that when Rough exist?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  9. He

He

Indeed.

Serg., karmarisma, ThighHighs and 4 others like this.
  10. That was a typo
    or maybe not
    [​IMG]

Serg., karmarisma, Sanctuary and 6 others like this.

11. WE'RE ABOUT TO LOSE A BIG ONE

[​IMG]

Nah. Just kiddin'

[​IMG]

TRASH FOR IT 10s:
    [​IMG]

BEIGE ABOUT IT 4 to 5s:
    Alouder98 // ThighHighs // Vikeyeol

STRAIGHT UP ILJINS:
    2 - Monkey0

Out of the girl-group titans with multiple songs in the running, it seems to be TWICE that are the next to lose a song (after LOONA's double whammy and Red Velvet's Lookielookie) with only the underdogs Dreamcatcher still with a complete line-up intact. How's THAT for the fandoms out there?

[​IMG]

And talking of fandoms, WHERE WERE THE ONCEs here? This song marks the last, and one of only three songs, in the entire 100 to get no 10s and the only one to NOT be a Super Trash. So, dare I ask, what was the point in voting it through the Beige Class if everyone thought it was average at best hmm preshusses? To put it into perspective, we lost Bolbbalgan4's entire 2017 comeback output, Pastry, JONGHYUN, You In Me, Bing Bing and Wonder Girls' farewell single for an album track no one was even that bothered about. Is this basically the Roxxxy Andrews of Twice songs in this rate?

HEUNDDEULHEUNDDEUL JUST SAYIN'

[​IMG]

So Rollin'. No, there's no stoolography in this one. In fact, there's no choreography at all because this is the deepest of deep cuts from the Twicestagram album. I confess: i've still not listened to it and i'm not sure i'll get round to it whilst JYP continues to be a flop at streaming his songs. As for the song, what drops it down a few pegs is that the verses are some kind of onomatopoeic Blurred Lines-aping party mumbles and poor Jihyo gets given vocal phrases that are so far into the strain zone for her voice that a doctor might recommend upping fibre intakes.

That binggeuleing said,

This is very close, as the production literally ROLLS along, to being some kind of Justice-lite disco bop set in a neon and glitter bedazzled roller rink that it might well be boppable after a few sherries and you forget that the vocals do a pretty bad job at masking that Tzuyu's actually a more stable singer than your main vocals but only ever given a couple lines here or there at the most. Like your nan would love this at a wedding reception disco, maybe when her hearing aids got taken down a couple of notches during the ceremony so she could have a snooze without listening to the vicar babble on. She'd probably pop a hip attempting those heundeuls too, or would she save that for her Hip & Lip solo performance?

BINGGEULBINGGEUL BINGGEUL POPPIN'

[​IMG]

◈⟐◈⟐◈⟐◈⟐◈⟐◈⟐◈⟐◈⟐◈⟐

HEUNDEULHEUNDEUL SHOTS FIRED

[​IMG]

ThighHighs: Meh. Nope.

Aries: There were better cuts from Twicetagram:"24/7", "Missing U" and "Turtle".

Monkey0: Onomatopoeia as chorus….groundbreaking. That 5$ production ain't helping anyone. (SQSH: Monkey0 hating a Twice song... groundbreaking.)

BINGGEULBINGGEUL MINIMUM EFFORT APPRECIATION

[​IMG]

GeiPanda: Molly anthem. (SQSH: *inserts Summer Heights High - Ecstasy Song here*)

Eliminathan: It's good but with Likey out, I barely listened to it.

Salami: This Is a lot cooler than I thought Twice could be.

Empty Shoebox: There's not much wrong with this song (apart from that 'bing bing bing'), but there's just so many songs that I prefer.

Serg.: At first listen I thought this was a filler, but it's actually quite different for TWICE and I do enjoy the quirky chorus, however Mina doesn't even have 10 seconds on this and what kind of stan would I be if I supported this kind of behaviour by giving it a 9+ score? (SQSH: So are you a ONCE or just a lil' Minataur keeping fingers crossed for her Japanese solo debut? The plot thickens...)

Karmarisma: We all know that this isn't the best Rollin' in Kpop but at the same time I can't handle it...that chorus

BINGBINGBING STANNING

[​IMG]

Cotton Park: I'll just say it. This is a masterpiece and the best Twice song ever. But, I can see why it wasn't a single. I mean, after all.... well... no. What the fuck, JYP? Why wasn't this a single?

Slice of Life: Okay, I get this now. This is so fun and actually unexpected coming from Twice. I won't overscore this because it literally just grew on me due to this rate but I just know I will stan this from now on.

EccentricSimply: This is not your ~usual Twice sound, but it offers a bit of diversity to their discography that is very much welcomed, especially in the context of their album that can get a bit tiring sometimes.

12. None of those 12 were in the same Beige team as Rollin' though so that's actually the one exit that can't be blamed on the Binggeuls.
    [​IMG]

13. Ddd CLC getting ignored by the unnie with Sorn avatar. Nugu group indeed.

14. Take it as a teaser as to what's yet to come.
    [​IMG]

Serg., RUNAWAY, karmarisma and 6 others like this.
  15. He

He

I feel they're still quite big. Aren't they?

junglefish likes this.
  16. Of course they are, but they’re clearly the less popular top group amongst the international fans. It’s not surprising, people outside of Asia don’t tend to respond well to ‘innocent’ concepts.

Serg. and karmarisma like this.
  17. He

He

Yeah I see what you mean, they also don't have the hype of the other groups, which does count for a lot.

But GFriend are hardly APink or Lovelyz.

junglefish likes this.
  18. [​IMG]

Remorque, Serg., Squashua and 4 others like this.
  19. The power of JiU. Quality leadership is everything.

Squashua likes this.
  20. I lowkey forgot what I gave for most songs but my scores must be so middle of the road since they never end up in the classes dddd. C'mon not wanting to bash anyone's fave.

[​IMG]

karmarisma, Serg., Squashua and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.