The Stab Franchise starring Tori Spelling | Page 86 | The Popjustice Forum

The Stab Franchise starring Tori Spelling

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Jul 27, 2019.

1. God forbid that a woman in her 40s be both single and without children.

2. I don't want them to pretend Scream 4 never happened. I loved that one!

Music Is Death and bonnieetclyde like this.
  3. Aside from the killers being related to Sidney, there’s very little that happens in Scream 3 and 4 that would justify eradicating them from the timeline. In fact, same goes for Scream 2.

The Scream series has the cleanest continuity in horror movie history. No need to start messing with that now just for the sake of it.

4. I’m just saying after everything she’s been through, Sidney deserves some good dick. That’s all.

5. I read this in Debbie’s voice when she’s talking to Gale about possible killers.

6. And now it’s like Debbie Salt is right next to my ear imparting this wisdom.

Queen shit!

7. Sydney and Gale Hailstorm have moves!

8. This clip looks like it's from 1981.

9. While I'm not expecting a "... and then Mrs Loomis got a makeover, then I went to Hollywood and met my half brother" type recap, I think it would do a disservice to the series to remove any of the previous entries. I know that they don't explicitly reference 2 and 3 in 4 (other than mentioning how many Stab films were based on Sidney's story), you still feel the essence of them there.

Although when I first watched 4 when Ghostface talks about "It's the family ties that cut deep" I forgot she was related to Jill and got excited that they were talking about Roman haha

I also think we're so lucky as fans of the franchise to have the same cast through all 4 films. Sidney's development throughout the series has been brilliant, and I loved how she was written in 4. Who else could have done a superhero fly down the stairs as they're fighting a killer?! And yes, maybe it would be unrealistic for her to survive a fifth murder spree I also don't know if there's any satisfying way for them to kill her off.

Also, I've had this slow jam in my head all day:

Kirkland likes this.
  10. Sidney's mother is really the source of all her demons. Maureen, while never having any screen time, has truly proven to be the real villain of her life. But Sidney being the bad-ass written character she has, has truly overcome all of them. The one cut scene from 4, where she shows the assistant the photo of her mother on the mantle, proves she did really love her mother, despite her flaws.

11. I honestly have no idea how they'll involve Sidney this time in the story without it seeming like it was done before? But it's intriguing. Social media will be play a huge part, I suspect?

12. Yep. Sure. Okay. Let’s blame Maureen as opposed to the men that used, abused, and murdered her.

[​IMG]

Even if she hadn’t been abused by powerful Hollywood men, she was only guilty of having affairs. That doesn’t make her a villain, it just makes her a sexual being.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  13. Touché. I never even really thought about it that way. I forgot the storyline from 3 and glossed over it. I take it back.

14. I still say having Cotton not being the killer in 3 and the “twist” being that he actually DID kill Maureen...trade out him with Dewey for the opening kill at the police station, Cotton looking for info of where Sidney was, draw Sidney our. ..that and have Jennifer be a surprise “we’ve got a live one” at the end and it would have been way more enjoyable, well for me anyways.

Lander and bonnieetclyde like this.
  15. Scream 3 really did fail with the Roman twist because does anyone when re-watching Scream think "ohhhhh Roman is helping them!" I still love the mess that is Scream 3 but it has no bearing on the series. I just ignore the ending like I try to ignore Halloween Resurrection exists.

Me to Roman

[​IMG]

camden_italian, Andrew.L and lushLuck like this.
  16. I've seen people say that the figure stalking them in the bushes or at the store is actually Roman but I mainly pretend Scream 3 never existed.

17. The first few times I watched Scream 3, it truly did not register with me who Roman was in the film before he was revealed as the killer. I did not realize he had appeared previously in the movie.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  18. With its flaws, 3’s final fight scene and dialogue remains one of the best. Sidney just DIDN’T give a shit and was READY to go for the fight. “Why don’t you take some FUCKING responsibility!?” remains one of my favorite Sid moments of the franchise.

My 12 year old self GASPED in the theatre when he shot her. I thought they were really gonna end her there. And was CHEERING when the ice pick went in his neck

4’s ending broke my heart and I really thought she was gonna finish out her character arch with the knife in the gut and “pass the torch”. But thank god. Emma Roberts couldn’t act her way out of a paper bag, and was happy to see her go in the end with Sidney’s survival and sarcasm on the hospital floor.

I don’t know how they’ll handle her in 5, but I feel like she may take a backseat in main cast, or role. The fanbase will draw blood if they kill her after 5 movies. No?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    DiscoRobot, johnoclock and 4Roses like this.
  19. Gail and Sidney "You're Next"ing ghostface during the final act would be a mood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.