The Streaming Wars | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

The Streaming Wars

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Trinu 3.0, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Disney+... Paramount+...

2. When can we upgrade to Popjustice+?

spaceship, LPT, Mill. and 2 others like this.
  3. What does that get you, is the real question...

4. Honestly Popjustice+ would be iconic; talkshows about your favorite popstar, healthy advice coming directly from our own LGBTQA+ thread, in-depth discussions about the best and the worse tv shows and movies, and on top of all the mess this place has to give?! Apple/Disney/Paramount+ could never!

eddy2375, spaceship, LPT and 11 others like this.
  5. Watching a movie on Disney Plus and the screen comes up interrupting the film telling me to watch the sequel as I've enjoyed this film. I'm literally 25 minutes into the film. GO AWAY

If You Go and lushLuck like this.
  6. I got a new iPhone recently so got a years free subscription to Apple TV... but how do I watch it? Surely not just on my phone?

I wanna see the Billie Eilish doc and that Reese/Jennifer show.

7. You can watch through a browser at tv.apple.com, or on any Apple device and some non-Apple smart TVs.

Blue6010 likes this.
  8. Just discovered this very helpful service that aggregates titles from Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, Prime, Peacock, Disney Plus, Paramount Plus, Starz and Showtime. The best feature is that it lets you filter results by a variety of criteria. For example, right now, I'm seeing a listing of only Crime shows with at least an 8.0 IMDB rating, a minimum of 10,000 reviews on IMDB.

jordxn, Sonny Ammbo, Dennis and 2 others like this.
  9. Great find! I use JustWatch to track my watchlist and it also has filter stuff, more for longer term.
    https://www.justwatch.com/

10. Needs a 'mumblecore' category, but thanks for this!

lushLuck, HorseTears and Andrew.L like this.
  11. Just started The Terror on Hulu (originally, AMC) and am absolutely loving it. It's so perfectly menacing. I've been stopping and starting a bunch of series over the last week hoping to find something dark, atmospheric with gravitas. Finally... something that delivers.

br0dy, johnny_tsunami and Andrew.L like this.
  12. The special episode of Mythic Quest before the new season starts was so good.

VitaminBee and spaceship like this.
  13. This was excellent. The show's first few episodes are an atmospheric slow burn and then.... the carnage begins. It's very dark, uniformly excellently acted (I think it's the best thing Jared Harris has done since Mad Men) and, at times strangely mystical.

The one thing I wasn't a huge fan of was the giant mystical polar bear-like creature. I thought its design was a bit silly and over the top, but that's really a quibble.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.