The Streaming Wars

No need of rebooting Harry Potter!
Just started watching the movies again and they are classics! No need to piss all over them with new versions.
If they wanted more they should have made the cursed child into a movie or made JK write new stories.

I don't think there's much confidence in expanding the universe after the flop that was Fantastic Beasts (flop for a number of reasons besides the barebones story of course) I believe a story closer to Hogwarts Legacy would work wonders. Introducing the world that everyone knows with new characters, stories, and villains. Although at this point, it's unreasonable to ask for something risky from WB. Of course, their first and honestly only option was to play it safe and bet on a story that everyone knows.

I thought it would be a spinoff but they're just readapting the books? Literally what's the point, the movies are great, they were massive hits and they're pretty recent(-ish)? How could they possibly top major blockbuster films on TV?
It think the key part was "faithful adaptation". I know people who still go on about Daniel not having the right eye colour and being furious that he refused the wear contact lenses.

I can't believe they cancelled the final season of Westworld to tell the same Harry Potter story. Literally who asked for this.

I can't believe they cancelled the final season of Westworld to tell the same Harry Potter story. Literally who asked for this.
Apparently everything that is tangentially related to the franchise is a flop, but the original series seems to be golden. Which is why they keep publishing new editions every other month.

Sadly, I don’t see this flopping, as much as I want it to.

It will be very interesting to see who signs up to star in this series.

I think it will be a poisoned chalice.
They're going to be asked so many questions about she who shall not be named and her points of view.

The Westworld cancellation was happening with or without this, let's be real. The audience had abandoned it in droves, and it wasn't exactly doing Game of Thrones numbers in the first place.

The Westworld cancellation was happening with or without this, let's be real. The audience had abandoned it in droves, and it wasn't exactly doing Game of Thrones numbers in the first place.
Well HBO had supported a lot of low viewership shows in the past because of their relationship with the creators/cult fandom. Deadwood got a wrap up movie 20 years after it ended. Westworld deserved a final season, even with a reduced budget, I cannot recall them ever cancelling such a high profile show right before its conclusion ever again. It's clearly another casualty of the Zaslav regime that has also caused this heavy lean into IP.

Harry Potter doing the whole 'reboot with a diverse cast' thing will be fucking wild when we have black Hermione getting ridiculed for wanting to end House Elf slavery. Not to mention the whole 'slurs for muggle born' thing.

What is the point of streaming if they cull the less popular stuff.

This one is particularly sick.

I assume it all makes sense on a ledger somewhere, but that one seems like a decidedly odd choice. You think they'd want to leverage Howard Ashman's compelling story with the launch of the live action Little Mermaid.

Disney+ content is already pretty weak if you don’t like the Avengers or have kids. And now they do this.

What’s the point in subscribing to the app if you still have to download torrents for their back catalogue.

Reactions: Sam
This is troubling but I’m sure it’ll only get worse when the merge Hulu and Disney Plus. I’m still dreading what’ll happen to Discovery Plus when the HBO merge happens. I’ve already noticed them pulling shows.

Physical media is going to see an uprise in popularity again I think.

I’m already thinking about getting some physical copies of shows that I love on streaming.