The Sugababes Discography Rate

londonrain

Staff member
To me Follow Me Home has the most obvious difference in quality between the two versions. The Mutya version is brilliant (and better than Red Dress in my opinion). The Amelle version is... less so.

Solenciennes

Staff member
To me Follow Me Home has the most obvious difference in quality between the two versions. The Mutya version is brilliant (and better than Red Dress in my opinion). The Amelle version is... less so.

This is it for me... Red Dress will fare better because although they have their differences, a bop is still a bop and I don't think Amelle neither adds nor takes away anything too much in terms of quality for scores to differ too much... but the Mutya version of Follow Me Home is beautiful and the Amelle version sounds awful by comparison, she has none of the emotional connection with the lyrics and her delivery feels like a slap dash job rather than a nuanced vocal take.

Island

Staff member
I know that there's gonna be a

Change.jpeg

Pleasantly surprised that Shape, Maya, and Like the Weather are still in.

Displeased that My Love is Pink and most of One Touch and Catfights are still in.

D

Deleted member 3416

I wonder which will get further, Follow Me Home or Red Dress? Battle of the re-recorded versions.

Red Dress, a lot of people even prefer Amelle's version whereas Follow Me Home only has people liking the original. I wouldn't be shocked if it was out soon either.

Obsession, Now You're Gone, Change... I honestly can't believe they are still in.

But all will be forgiven if Red Dress (Amelle Mix) is Top 5.

I feel we are as likely to see Red Dress in the top 5 as we are to see About A Girl there, and I say that as someone who likes both songs..

Red Dress (which is in my top 3 Sugababes tracks and was an 11 contender) better trounce About a Girl (which is long overdue for an exit).

At least y'all haven't been coming for my 11 (lately).

Red Dress (Amelle) >>>>>> Red Dress (Mutya)
Follow Me Home (Mutya) >>>>>>>> Follow Me Home (Amelle)

Pleasantly surprised that Shape, Maya, and Like the Weather are still in.

Yas they're amazing songs!

Displeased that My Love is Pink and most of One Touch and Catfights are still in.

pasyKG.gif

The sudden drop of quality in this post, my head is spinning round round baby round round spinning out on me