The Sugababes Discography Rate

If there's a right choice to go right now, it's that one, aside from You Know What Song. Solid cover, but that's all it is. I think I prefer the original anyway.

Solenciennes

Staff member
I've been calling for this one for ages. It's not so much that I hate the song, it's adequate, but for it to have outlasted so much original material that is full of life, love, pain and a myriad of emotions in between when this is worse than Red Dress for Mutya sounding bored and uninterested is madness. Should have been out about 30 songs ago.

I don't get this love for Taller in More Ways to be completely honest. Sure, it has some highlights in it but seeing it as a package I think it's their weakest album after Change.
I’ll obviously have more to say on this later, but I’m not too surprised at the affection for Taller because it manages to bridge the main divide among the band’s fans. As the last 2.0 album, it largely retains the love of the older fans, but its pop sensibilities are strong enough to appease the (younger) 3.0 stans. As such, it doesn’t get dismissed as too young like One Touch; too “dated”/”urban” like Angels; too bland like Change or not ‘Sugababes-y’ enough like Catfights – all charges, accurate or not, stemming from one camp or the other. (Three, of course, is strong enough to survive most such base critique).
So glad no one has even so much as mentioned my 11. Hoping that means it somehow will make it into the top 30 or even 25.

2s78by8.jpg

but its pop sensibilities are strong enough to appease the (younger) 3.0 stans

I appreciate the compliment (though I probably skew toward the top of the age distribution of voters here).

But I think I feel most comfortable with Taller/Change because that's when I started routinely listening to the Sugababes. I delved back into their catalog and enjoyed Angels and Three, didn't really pay attention to the debut, and didn't like the new sounds of Catfights or Sweet 7 (except for a few tracks here and there).

So glad no one has even so much as mentioned my 11. Hoping that means it somehow will make it into the top 30 or even 25.

I presume then it's not in the holy trinity of Freak Like Me, Hole in the Head, and Push the Button, which for sure must be top 10....Shape? 2 Hearts?

I'm like 99.9% certain that I'm the only member who gave the song in question an 11.
I just love it so much.
Well, please send some words in explaining why! I wanna know!

Actually this goes for all of you; please send in your commentary, at the very least for your 11. The 11s that have fallen so far have been accompanied by some wonderful stories explaining why, and there's lots more to come but I’m thirsty for yet more, as I’m sure are the rest of you following along.

EDIT: Oop @stopthestatic you did send in commentary! It was lovely, thank you xx

Well, please send some words in explaining why! I wanna know!

Actually this goes for all of you; please send in your commentary, at the very least for your 11. The 11s that have fallen so far have been accompanied by some wonderful stories explaining why; I’m thirsty for more, as I’m sure are the rest of you following along.

I did send commentary for that song! Was it not enough?