The Sugababes Discography Rate | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

The Sugababes Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by beyoncésweave, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

Okay but this is iconic. I'd give this like an 8.. but the original stays at a 3.

2. So doing this.

This will be the first time I've listened to the majority of Sweet 7 since 2010. Going to need some mental preparation.

Really hope something can finally end Freak Like Me's evil reign of winning everything Sugababes related.

3. Why would you want that?

beyoncésweave likes this.
  4. I've done my preliminary scoring of all main albums and ended up with about 25 10s...

5. This will be a total JOY to do. Even the b-sides are mostly of a high quality.

Not looking forward to having to endure 'Sweet 7' however.

6. I forgot how iconic rhyming 'lesson' with 'delicatessen' was. Iconic.

7. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Freak Like Me is great and at several points it's been my favourite song of theirs and it's still in my top 10, probably top 5, but a few other songs have surpassed it at this point.

beyoncésweave and Island like this.
  8. I want to rate this @Laura Vanderbooben style and only hand out 10s to songs I want to see winning.

Has over 20 10s... This actually might become a chill rate.

VivaForever and beyoncésweave like this.
  9. Solenciennes

I'm writing all my commentary first before I think about scores, currently listening to Good To Be Gone. They really could give just about any sound a go, couldn't they?

Island and beyoncésweave like this.
  10. Sugababes were the first group I ever got properly obsessed with. My tastes have obviously become a lot more broad since then, and it's been a while since I've treated their music with the respect and consideration it deserves, so I'm looking forward to re-evaluating the whole shebang. Thank fuck Flatline ends things on a high.

11. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

There goes my entire weekend.

beyoncésweave likes this.
  12. Solenciennes

I'm the opposite, this was the weekend plans I was waiting for

13. Island

Island Staff Member

'Good to be Gone' is so vacant.

send photo likes this.
  14. Solenciennes

You think?! I thought it was an interesting direction that they should have explored more, Change the album could have been much better if it was built around the sounds of About You Now, Easy and Good To Be Gone rather than the latter two being tacked on to promote the Greatest Hits and Change then being a mostly uninspired collection of songs that cowered in the shadow of About You Now.

kal and Mushroom like this.
  15. Island

Island Staff Member

I like the chorus, but that's about it. It doesn't do much for me. It's not a bad song. Change probably would have been better if they worked with Orson/The Invisible Men on that electropop/rock sound. 'My Love is Pink' is honestly the only song I really like on Change... it's pretty butthole tight

send photo and Andrew like this.
  16. I forgot how meh Change is. It's really forgettable about from a couple tracks.

Island likes this.
  17. Solenciennes

My Love Is Pink is just so... by the numbers, it's never excited me. Denial's the only real standout that comes to mind but I do like a few of the album tracks on their own merits, it's just a rubbish album.

Island likes this.
  18. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Undignified and Mended by You are both pretty great though. I love Open the Door as well.

Zar-Unity and kal like this.
  19. The synths when the chorus comes in...

"Cos tonight, is the night,
    that we break the speed the light
    so stand up
    come alive
    liberate yourself,
    cos freedom starts tonight"

[​IMG]

20. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I love Open The Door. I was so annoyed when they didn't perform it on the Change Tour - it's the best song apart from About You Now.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.