The Tamperer feat. Maya | The Popjustice Forum

The Tamperer feat. Maya

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by slimane, Aug 1, 2010.

1. slimane

slimane Guest

Feel it
    If you buy this record your life will be better
    Hammer to the heart

All amazing. Discuss.

2. The W.I.P. Megamix on CD2 of 'Hammer To The Heart' mashes all three together for 6 amazing minutes.

LP likes this.
  3. slimane

slimane Guest

I loved the video for "Feel it" aswell. As a little gay boy I thought it was really daring at the time. Maya really knew how to sell a song aswell.

4. slimane

slimane Guest

Uno likes this.
  5. Damn, I remember having that at one point! Must try and find it. It really is amazing.

6. I really wish their second album had been released. I loved all their records and even the album was surprisingly listenable. Step Out could've been a single.

That megamix is fab.

7. All 3 songs were great, especially Feel It. I remember her performing it on TOTP dressed as Dorothy and not having a clue what the chimney line meant.

popBrit and JMRGBY88 like this.
  8. What did the chimney line mean? I never ever understood that.

9. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Chimney is Northern Irish slang for a black eye.

OR the old legend that if a woman messes around with a married man a house will fall on her.

Take your pick.

10. I love 'Get Up Get It On' with its Four Tops sample.

11. When I was little I just hooked on the idea of her being a homewrecker. Literally. Which I guess links in with the latter.

12. When I was little I used to think chimney as in a big actual chimney/ funne coming off the top of her head. We actually discussed this in our english class once discussing what type of chimney we would like to have on our head....

LP and SacredThistle like this.
  13. Close enough.

14. The first two singles were just ridiculously perfect, I was obsessed with both of them and Maya herself - she was a fantastic popstar. The TOTP performance where she threw the dog into the audience and whipped the long coat off was one of the best ever!

"Hammer To The Heart" was still good but they left it too long, should've thrown another single out in early '99 ("Step Out" perhaps!) and we may have had a few more singles from them.

15. MC

MC

I used to think that Maya and Mya were the same person.

kermit_the_frog, LP and SacredThistle like this.
  16. Old thread I know but FYI

Will see if they can fix track 10 being in the wrong place

17. I found that album in a charity shop last year and it's much better than I was expecting. I always loved 'Feel It' yet didn't expect the album to be up to much, but it's just a great late 90s pop/dance record.

18. I wasn’t expecting a ballad at the end!

19. Three amazing singles. Gone too soon.

Re: chimney line, I always thought it was an allusion to the witch being crushed by the house in The Wizard of Oz??

popBrit, Booers and Adora Day like this.
  20. It can be, but the original song where the vocal was sampled from was called Drop A House (On That Bitch)

JMRGBY88 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.