The Taylor Swift Discography Rate: #42 "How long is forever? Sometimes, just one second." | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

The Taylor Swift Discography Rate: #42 "How long is forever? Sometimes, just one second."

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Jul 10, 2018.

1. But she wears short skirts
    I wear T-shirts
    [​IMG]

She's cheer captain
    And I'm on the bleachers
    [​IMG]
    Dreaming about the day when you wake up
    And find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time
    [​IMG]

The bumpkin truly jumped out.

2. Started listening to Speak Now.

Story of Us and Better Than Revenge

[​IMG]

Enchanted

[​IMG]

Touch, sexercise, Rem and 12 others like this.
  3. dd i hate to admit that Better Than Revenge bops a bit. And i like Mean too.

4. Can I jsut use my scores for reputation from The Big Pop Girls 2017 rate, commentary included?

5. Woo hoo Taylor rate! I hope I'll find time for this. Rating her first three albums is gonna be messy though.

[​IMG]

ohnostalgia likes this.
  6. [​IMG]
    Me arriving to this thread, knowing full well I'm going to get dragged by the 1989 stans.

Island, sexercise, nikkysan and 7 others like this.
  7. I will attempt this. I had a brief Taylor obsession around this time four years ago, so this month is perfect for re-visiting her discography for me.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  8. This is going to be such a weird rate. Like others have said I have a lot of mixed feelings about Tay Tay.

I've never loved Taylor as a personality or pop star, but as a song writer and musician I grew to like/love her around the Fearless/Speak Now Eras.

Then Red got me through a nasty break-up, and I was full-on board the Swift train. Then somewhere towards the end of the 1989 cycle, I realized that I, not only wasn't on board anymore, but annoyed by the celebrity.
    Maybe it was over-exposure or all the tacky celeb feuds. It became difficult to separate the music from the celebrity. And obviously the reputation era as @ohnostalgia described has only doubled down on that cringe.

I don't know that the eras to come can ever erase the ick factor for me, but I'm not ruling out the possibility because maybe it's starting to reverse itself already as @Jwentz hilariously observed...
    The old Taylor is obviously not dead, just perhaps lost and confused?

My fingers are skeptically crossed. And in the meanwhile I can't wait to participate in this rate which is sure to be like some kind of group therapy session for all the fans that are conflicted like me.

9. 1989 is a phenomenal album while reputation might be one of the worst albums I've ever listened to more than once cause I'm a good rate participant and try to give every song a couple listens (even then my BPG average for reputation was ghastly)

ohnostalgia and GimmeWork like this.
  10. Oh I will definitely participate, I finally have the reason to come back to Taylor Swift and Fearless in particular, these two aren't my favourites and I don't listen to them very often.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  11. reputation still has its high moments that I will score accordingly, but also has a group of songs I'll have no problem throwing lower marks at.

It's going to be interesting to see a rate where I'm guessing the first and last albums will have the lowest averages. Again, I'm just guessing. I mean, let's face it, her debut is a strong one, but it was always going to end up below the next four. reputation possibly lower than that. What other discography rate has this feature? There's always strong protection of the first classics or recency bias, but not here.

12. I'm begging you people don't do 'I Know Places' dirty

13. Her doing Haunted as the surprise song on tour tonight reminded me that it should make the top 10 but I know it’s gonna get done so wrong.

She did State of Grace last night which should win.

Touch, GimmeWork and Florencia. like this.
  14. You. I like you.

Oh and 'Our Song' is still that teen-bumpkin bawp so let's make sure our high scores are ready for it.

Florencia. likes this.
  15. No love for Last Kiss?

16. Knowing she's done State of Grace and All Too Well, and I ended up getting... Mean.

[​IMG]

17. Oh boy.

I can't wait to give Reputation an average of 2.7.

GimmeWork likes this.
  18. I'm working on my scores now and I'm really surprised at the scores I've given Red so far. I've always considered 1989 one of my favourite albums ever, but Red might be getting the higher average.

Speaking of 1989, You Are In Love did things to me tonight and made me feel really retrospective about why I like Taylor's songs as much as I do. I hope it does well.

19. Argh this is so annoying because I honestly adore half of her output and can't stand/have no feelings towards the other half. I think I know what my 11 will be.

20. This is also me. But the stuff I do like, I really like.

ohnostalgia and JMRGBY88 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.