The Taylor Swift Discography Rate: Finally, We’re Out Of The Woods | The Popjustice Forum

The Taylor Swift Discography Rate: Finally, We’re Out Of The Woods

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Jul 10, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

10 Grammys
    40 Million+ Worldwide Album Sales
    Youngest Artist to Win Album of the Year
    First Female Artist to Win Album of the Year Twice
    Two-time Billboard Woman of the Year
    Member of the Songwriter's Hall of Fame
    Declared Her Own Death

How do you solve a problem like Taylor Alison Swift? How do you catch a cloud and pin it down? These are the questions that have bounced around in my brain the last few weeks leading up to this rate. I've sat and tried to write this many many times in the last few days, and I've largely come up blank, so we’re just gonna wing it, girls.

In 2006, at the ripe old age of 16, Taylor Swift released her first album, and I was immediately smitten. These songs captured something that I--a thirteen year old gay boy living in the rural south--could connect with on a very fundamental level. She was this seemingly ordinary girl. She had crushes on boys. She got her heart broken. She wasn't breaking any new ground here, but there was an immediacy there for me. She was writing about all these things as they happened to me in real time, and she made those emotions make sense to me. She felt like a trusted friend. A confidant. Somebody who understood just what it was like to be me even if our circumstances are drastically different.

I essentially grew up with her music, so it's increasingly difficult for me to talk about her objectively as the years go by. Each of her albums has soundtracked a very specific part of my life, and separating them--and her--from those memories is no simple task, but maybe it's not supposed to be. The emotional connections that sounds build can be just as important as the musical strengths of those songs. The fact that these albums can effortlessly take me back to those times in my life is a tremendous sign of their staying power, and I won't shy away from that even if she's an insufferable asshole these days. Taylor Swift took me through those early days of adolescence. The uncertainty, magic, and terror of being thirteen years old floods back to me. Fearless is the rush of all those high school emotions, how badly you want to love and be loved even if it's seldom as perfect as a fairy tale. Speak Now came out just as I got my drivers license and my first car. It's that first step into adulthood. The first taste of freedom, and all the bittersweet heartache that comes along with growing up. Red covered those tumultuous first steps out into the real world away from my parents. I can confirm I was happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same. 1989 in its world-conquering confidence saw me through that whirlwind of the kind of self-assurance that only oblivious kids in their early 20s have. Anything was possible. Reputation is the comedown from all that. When you've hit 25 and realize that life isn't exactly everything you envisioned. It's messy, cynical, and frankly a mixed bag. That said, it only makes you appreciate the moments of bite and brilliance more.

So how do you solve a problem like Taylor Alison Swift? You don't. You watch from afar with a combination of horror and admiration that you're not entirely comfortable with while she burns it all to the ground. She's talented, smart, savvy, petty, vindictive, and her own worst enemy. I have faith that she'll rise up from the dead. After all, she does it all the time, doesn't she?

Let's go over some rules before we start rating everyone's favorite sociopath turned country sensation turned pop superstar.

1. Rate all of these songs 0-10. Decimals are allowed, but don't go overboard.
    2. You all get one and only one 11 that you may present to your favorite Taylor song.
    3. Don't troll. That ballot will go right in the cease and desist pile.
    4. Commentary is encouraged but not required.
    5. Please please please submit your scores in the order we list them. It makes everything easier for everyone.

So please submit your scores to both myself (@Petty Mayonnaise) and my lovely partner in crime @ohnostalgia BY SEPTEMBER 30TH. That's a lot of weeks y'all.

Speaking of Stalgy, more from her momentarily.​

*clears throat as if she's dropping some bars*

Somewhere in the depths of my overcrowded wardrobe there’s a hastily folded sweater. Two sizes too big, seagulls swirling up and over a blue pastel sky, it lies abandoned. I still remember the day it arrived. My normally bare lips painted bright bright red, hair pulled back into its usual ponytailed mess, sitting in front of the bathroom mirror, hunting for angles. I hate taking selfies but I was determined to recreate the 1989 cover and post it to Instagram. I wish I could remember my caption but it’s digital waste, floating somewhere in the vast cyberspace. I deleted the picture a year ago. Maybe earlier. It’s hard to remember. It’s hard to remember a lot of things.

Yesterday I went for a walk. I needed to clear my head, remind myself why I liked Taylor Alison Swift. A difficult feat these days, I must admit. There’s nothing like walking during twilight in the summer, watching the sun slowly relinquish the sky. Half an hour, one hour, maybe more. I strolled down abandoned streets, filling my lungs with lush green air. A gentle breeze sent shivers up my arms, nothing like the viciously hot wind that nearly sent me flying out a shop door earlier that day. I was on a mission. Even before I’d slipped on my walking shoes I knew what I had to do. It was time to recreate the moment I fell in love with Taylor’s music.

Three and a half years have passed, but the memory does not fade. How could it? It was like an electric current running through my veins. I felt completely wonderfully alive. I let the music wash over me, twirling round and round my apartment, mangling notes and lyrics with fearless abandon. Illuminated by my laptop screen, I was also trading emails back and forth with a dear American friend. Despite the shocking spelling, the beyond insular jokes, the nonsensical ramblings of a friendship built upon four years of shared fandoms, I refer to it as my 1989 Live Blog. Much like my sweater, it’s archived. Stored safely in my gmail, only the ghost of our friendship to keep it company. It’s funny how people fade in and out of our lives, temporary visas taken out on our hearts. The next day it snowed. But I didn’t care.

I was determined to walk the entirety of 1989, bonus tracks included (fifty seven minutes for those keeping score). Not a long walk, by my standards. By Blank Space my mind was whirling into overdrive, tangent upon tangent walking with me. It was frightening clear- not only had Taylor Swift soundtracked the last three years of my life, her music was etched into my consciousness. I’d taken her words and twisted and turned them until they were mine. I weaved them into countless self-narratives, most especially my sexuality crises and the constant ups and downs of my mental illnesses. But they were never mine. I learned that the hard way.

My mind turned to the reputation era. I ran through a series of choices - the Kanye debacle; the continued Katy Perry feud; aligning with Lena Dunham, white feminist extraordinaire; refusing to speak out against white nationalists - and how they magnified within the greater context of American society and my own white privilege. And here we come to perhaps the fundamental question of this rate. When you’ve invested so much of yourself in an artist and they pull the rug out from under your feet, what happens next? Do you dust yourself off, separate the artist from the art, and carry on as normal? Do you burn every bridge, delete all her music, never give her a cent of money again? Do you hit out against her critics, blind to the dangerous path she’s taking? Do you try to walk some middle ground, owning all her faults in a way she never will? Do you-

As the opening sirens of New Romantics burst into my ears, I rounded on my apartment complex. I reflexively smiled, my steps grew lighter, I twirled on the empty street. I’d remembered every lyric and hook over the previous fifteen tracks, but it was all building to this. It always did. And then- the past echos, images of myself at twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty-eight, shouting, screaming, mumbling, humming That One Line. The Best One. ‘Cause baby I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me. And then I remembered (I never forgot); this too is tarnished and ugly. No longer mine to keep.

As I walked up the stairs my feet felt heavy, weighted down. The remembering always hurts the most.

Song List

Taylor Swift
    Tim McGraw
    Picture to Burn
    Teardrops on My Guitar / (Pop Mix)
    A Place in This World
    Cold as You
    The Outside
    Tied Together with a Smile
    Stay Beautiful
    Should've Said No
    Mary's Song (Oh My My My)
    Our Song
    I'm Only Me When I'm With You
    Invisible
    A Perfectly Good Heart
    I'd Lie

Fearless
    Fearless
    Fifteen
    Love Story
    Hey Stephen
    White Horse
    You Belong With Me
    Breathe (feat. Colbie Caillat)
    Tell Me Why
    You're Not Sorry
    The Way I Loved You
    Forever & Always / (Piano Version)
    The Best Day
    Change
    Jump Then Fall
    Untouchable
    Come In With The Rain
    Superstar
    The Other Side of The Door

Speak Now
    Mine
    Sparks Fly
    Back To December / (Acoustic)
    Speak Now
    Dear John
    Mean
    The Story Of Us
    Never Grow Up
    Enchanted
    Better Than Revenge
    Innocent
    Haunted / (Acoustic)
    Last Kiss
    Long Live
    Ours
    If This Was A Movie
    Superman

Red
    State of Grace / (Acoustic)
    Red
    Treacherous
    I Knew You Were Trouble.
    All Too Well
    I Almost Do
    We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
    Stay Stay Stay
    The Last Time (feat. Gary Lightbody)
    Holy Ground
    Sad Beautiful Tragic
    The Lucky One
    Everything Has Changed (feat. Ed Sheeran)
    Starlight
    Begin Again
    The Moment I Knew
    Come Back... Be Here
    Girl At Home

Welcome To New York
    Blank Space
    Style
    Out Of The Woods
    All You Had To Do Was Stay
    Shake It Off
    I Wish You Would
    Bad Blood / (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
    Wildest Dreams
    How You Get The Girl
    This Love
    I Know Places
    Clean
    Wonderland
    You Are In Love
    New Romantics

End Game (feat. Ed Sheeran & Future)
    I Did Something Bad
    Don't Blame Me
    Delicate
    Look What You Made Me Do
    So It Goes...
    Gorgeous
    Getaway Car
    King Of My Heart
    Dancing With Our Hands Tied
    Dress
    This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
    Call It What You Want
    New Year's Day

Extras
    Beautiful Eyes
    I heart?
    Crazier
    Today Was A Fairytale
    Eyes Open
    Safe & Sound (feat. The Civil Wars)
    Ronan
    Sweeter Than Fiction
    I Don't Wanna Live Forever (feat. Zayn)

PM-able List
    See above, lazy people.

Spotify Playlist (missing tracks linked above)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. Results
    109. This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things (They were careless people, Tom and Daisy. - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby)
    108. I Heart ? (I release you. I evict you from my heart. - Jenny Han, It’s Not Summer Without You)
    107. Beautiful Eyes (For she had eyes and chose me. - Shakespeare, Othello)
    106. End Game (My story for the day was a limp sort of evil. - Gillian Flynn, Sharp Objects)
    105. Stay Beautiful (It's okay to say, "I'm not going to share that." - Sophie Kinsella, Finding Audrey)
    104. SuperStar (She fell, she hurt, she felt. - Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby)
    103. Invisible (I saw very little as it truly was. - Marisha Pessl, Neverworld Wake)
    102. Tied Together With A Smile (None of them must feel bad about what happened to me because I am brave and I am brilliant and I am strong. - Lisa Jewell, Then She Was Gone)
    101. Bad Blood (A lot of people lacked that gift: knowing when to fuck off - Gillian Flynn, Gone Girl)

100. A Perfectly Good Heart (I won't ever leave you, even though you're always leaving me. - Audrey Niffengegger, The Time Traveller's Wife)
    99. Stay Stay Stay (It was love because I created it as love. - David Levithan, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist)
    98. I Don't Wanna Live Forever (You can only kill disappointment with a new try. - Kim Stanley Robinson, The Shaman)
    97. A Place In This World ("But how am I to live in the meantime?" I wailed. - Carolyn Meyers, Loving Will Shakespeare)
    96. Gorgeous (There will be no more British guys. - Meg Cabot, Queen of Babble)
    95. Come In With The Rain (I like it when it rains hard. It sounds like white noise everywhere, which is like silence but not empty. - Mark Haddon, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time)
    94. The Best Day (I wished she’d never stop squeezing me. I wished I could spend the rest of my life as a child, being slightly crushed by someone who loved me. - Gail Carson Levine, Ella Enchanted)
    93. Girl At Home (Joe once told me he felt a little sorry for women, who only got husbands. - Meg Wolitzer, The Wife)
    92. I Did Something Bad (He wears a mask and his face grows to fit it. - George Orwell, Shooting an Elephant)
    91. Today Was A Fairytale (I will love you as the iceberg loves the ship. - Lemony Snicket, The Beatrice Letters)

90. Innocent (You can coat the shit in sugar, but it's still shit. - Kyran Pittman, Planting Dandelions: Field Notes From a Semi-Domesticated Life)
    89. Never Grow Up (It is an illusion that youth is happy, an illusion of those who have lost it. . - W. Somerset Maugham, Of Human Bondage)
    88. The Outside (I'm afraid that some times you'll play lonely games too. Games you can't win 'cause you'll play against you. - Dr. Seuss, Oh The Places You'll Go!)
    87. The Other Side Of The Door (I'm sick in my heart that you might look at her, then at me. And regret. - JD Robb, Innocent in Death).
    86. Don't Blame Me ("You always look so cool," she repeated. - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby)
    85. I'd Lie (I knew you didn't love me, but I dangerously adored you anyways. - R. YS Perez - I Hope You Fall In Love)
    84. Mary's Song (Oh My My My) (True love is the best thing in the world, except for cough drops. - William Goldman, The Princess Bride)
    83. Superman (I felt something loosen in me, that shouldn't have loosened. A stitch come undone. - Gillian Flynn, Dark Places)
    82. Everything Has Changed (Love at first sight? Let me just put on my glasses. - Ljupka Cvetanova, The New Land)
    81. Change (The urge to excel and the urge to lead aren't the same. Sometimes I think they may be opposites. - Kim Stanley Robinson, Red Mars)

80. Hey Stephen (Even I can appreciate a cute guy. - Apryl Barker , The Ghost Files)
    79. Jump Then Fall (I fell until I forgot I was falling. - Jess Rothenberg, The Catastrophic History of You and Me)
    78. I'm Only Me When I'm With You (Sometimes in life, you meet people when you need them, and there is an immediate connection. - Alison G. Bailey, Present Perfect)
    77. Crazier (Gilbert, I'm afraid I'm scandalously in love with you. - L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Windy Poplars)
    76. The Last Time (He keeps me in his pocket for a rainy day; he swears I'm not an object as he yo-yo's me away. - Coco C. Ginger, A Pocket Sized Girl)
    75. Dress (“You should wear flames more often,” he says. - Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games)
    74. Tell Me Why (If I could be a cloud, I’d rain all day on you. - Jack Prelutsky, It's Raining Pigs & Noodles)
    73. Eyes Open (You here to finish me off, sweetheart? - Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games)
    72. Shake It Off (I am jealous of anyone who can make other people care so much. - David Levithan, Every Day)
    71. Look What You Made Me Do (Vengeance is a monster of appetite, forever bloodthirsty and never filled. - Richelle E. Goodrich, The Tarishe Curse)

70. So It Goes... (Let me be like a thing left in a corner and forgotten. - Giuseppe Ungaretti, Selected Poems)
    68. Untouchable (trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward. - ee cummings)
    68. The Lucky One (Tut, tut — fame clearly isn't everything. - J.K. Rowling, The Philosopher's Stone)
    67. The Moment I Knew (And I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn’t any privacy. - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby)
    66. I Know Places (Exile and fame have similar side effects: if you experience either one, your world is made narrow. - Frances de Pontes Peebles, The Air You Breathe)
    65. New Year's Day (For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice. - T.S. Eliot, Four Quartets )
    64. Call It What You Want (An ugliness unfurled in the moonlight and soft shadow and suffused the whole world. - Yukio Mishima, The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea)
    62. Cold As You (Ice contains no future, just the past, sealed away. - Haruki Murakami, Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman)
    62. Better Than Revenge (People didn't fit in slots-- prostitute, housewife, saint-- like sorting the mail. - Janet Fitch, White Oleander)
    61. Picture To Burn ("Sylvie," Wright said, "no one wants this truck. I'm broke and on foot, and I don't want this truck.” - Lyn Benedict, Ghosts & Echoes)

60. Breathe (Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend. - Sarah Dessen, Someone Like You)
    59. If This Was A Movie (Joel did not quite believe in picture actresses' grief. - F. Scott Fitzgerald, Crazy Sunday)
    58. Welcome To New York (Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. - Frank. L Baum, The Wizard of Oz)
    57. Sad Beautiful Tragic (Her love was like lavender, delicate and melancholy. - Laura Chouette, The Painting of Mrs. Ravensbrook)
    56. I Almost Do (You and I again and again; always almost never enough. A world of almosts. - Ayushee Ghoshal , 4 AM Conversations)
    55. The Way I Loved You (The intensity in your eyes burns my pen as I write. - Sanober Khan, A touch, a tear, a tempest)
    54. Sweeter Than Fiction (Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself. - Arthur Conan Doyle, The Valley of Fear)
    53. Speak Now (Runaway my phantom bride and take your bouquet of poisonous flowers - A.P. Sweet, The Abattoir of Silence)
    52. Fifteen (We come to know what we can endure, and also that nothing endures. - Sara Paretsky, Bleeding Kansas)

50. Ronan (Like a deep sad note played beneath the ocean, waving through the orb the memories of you, the bittersweet echoes infixed forever in my heart. - Pawan Mishra)
    50. Come Back... Be Here (Maybe, I thought, it's not distance that's the problem, but how you handle it. - Rachel Cohn, Dash & Lily's Book of Dares)
    49. King Of My Heart (She carried herself like a dishonored queen. - Rufi Thorpe, Dear Fang, With Love)
    48. You're Not Sorry (You are so much worse than a cheater. You killed something. And you killed it when its back was turned. - David Levithan, The Lover's Dictionary)
    47. Should've Said No (Et tu, Brute? - William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar)
    46. Dancing With Our Hands Tied (She relished the very texture of her privacy, its depth of space and freedom. - Daphne Kalotay, Russian Winter)
    45. Tim McGraw (Music, when soft voices die, vibrates in the memory. - Percy Bysshe Shelley, The Complete Poems)
    44. 22 (Being twentysomething can feel like Death by Unmet Expectations. - Paul Angone, 101 Secrets For Your Twenties)
    43. Ours (Lovers alone wear sunlight. - e.e. cummings)
    42. Wonderland (Alice: "How long is forever?" White Rabbit: "Sometimes, just one second.” - Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland)
    41. ...Ready For It? (Be hole, be dust, be dream, be wind/Be night, be dark, be wish, be mind,/Now slip, now slide, now move unseen,/Above, beneath, betwixt, between. - Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book)

40. Starlight (The cosmos is within us. We are made of star-stuff. - Carl Sagan, The Cosmos)
    39. You Are In Love (Silence is holy. It draws people together because only those who are comfortable with each other can sit without speaking. - Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook)
    37. White Horse (If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave. Mo Willems, Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs)
    37. Forever & Always (There is an optical illusion about every person we meet. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Essays and Lectures)
    36. I Wish You Would (My library is an archive of longings. ― Susan Sontag, As Consciousness is Harnessed to Flesh)
    35. This Love (The sea is emotion incarnate. - Christopher Paolini, Eragon)
    34. Our Song (But now I’m seeing we don’t live in a single song. We move from song to song, from lyric to lyric, from chord to chord. - David Levithan, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist)
    33. Long Live (There wasn't a colloquial phrase, or curse, that went something like, "May your day be full of angry dragons" or, "May every dragon you meet today be pissed off." But, there should have been.” - Michelle Sagara, Cast in Ruin)
    32. Mean (If you write (or paint or dance or sculpt or sing, I suppose), someone will try to make you feel lousy about it, that's all. - Steven King, On Writing)
    31. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (Stuart needs "space" and "time," as if this were physics and not a human relationship. - Kathryn Stockett, The Help)

30. How You Get The Girl (It turns out I'm absolutely terrible at staying away from you. It's a very serious problem. ― Kiera Cass, The Elite)
    29. Teardrops On My Guitar (Veni, vidi, flevi. I came. I saw. I cried. ― Dorian Cirrone, Prom Kings and Drama Queens)
    28. Last Kiss (You’re just another story I can’t tell anymore. - pleasefindthis, I Wrote This For You)
    27. Dear John (You must remember, burn them or they'll burn you... - Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451)
    26. The Story Of Us (Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story. - Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore)
    24. Holy Ground (And the ground didn't whisper. - Dean F. Wilson, Dustrunner)
    24. I Knew You Were Trouble (Is that a goat? - Chelsea Fine, Best Kind of Broken)
    23. Fearless (Boldness isn't second nature to everyone, it is intentionality. ― Janna Cachola, Lead by choice, not by checks)
    22. Safe & Sound (Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true. Here is the place where I love you. - Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games)
    21. Haunted (To think of them and memories with - on days with mood dimmed by some traumatic spell of a haunting quite residual - is to have the brain become a cell and trapped inside there is only the music of the surly sullen bell. - The Raveness, Night Time Musings)

20. Clean (i am either a flood or i am nothing. ― AVA., you are safe here.)
    19. Treacherous (My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes - L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables)
    18. Getaway Car (Betrayal is beautiful. ― Jean Genet, The Thief's Journal)
    17. All You Had To Do Was Stay (I wanted to write ‘stay’ on your sides, surround your bed with oceans of salt. - J. Bradley)
    16. Back To December (Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. - Arthur Miller, The Ride Down Mt. Morgan)
    15. Begin Again (It's the ciiiiiiiiiiiiircle of liiiiiiiiiife!" Iggy sang ― James Patterson, The Final Warning)
    14. Wildest Dreams (If this continues, if this goes on, then when I die, your memories of me will be my greatest accomplishment. - David Levithan, The Lover's Dictionary)
    13. Sparks Fly (Certain bodies... become luminous when heated. - Marie Curie)
    12. Mine (The best I can ask for is that this love, which has been built on countless failures, will continue to grow. - Madeline L'Engle)
    11. You Belong With Me (I wonder if you ever read my poems and wish they were written for you.― Kamand Kojouri)

10. Red (Every idea came to her mind robed in its own especial hue. - L.M. Montgomery, The Golden Road)
    9. Love Story (I defy you, stars. - Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet)
    8. Delicate (Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high. - William Goldman, The Princes Bride)
    7. New Romantics (Romanticism in loneliness is a true romanticism. - Mehmet Murat ildan)
    6. State of Grace (They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered.- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Other Side of Paradise)
    5. Blank Space (Quotation, n: The act of repeating erroneously the words of another. - Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary)
    4. All Too Well ("You know what I think?" she says. "That people's memories are maybe the fuel they burn to stay alive." - Haruki Murakami, After Dark)
    3. Enchanted (Footfalls echo in the memory, down the passage we did not take, towards the door we never opened, into the rose garden. - T.S. Eliot, Four Quartets)
    2. Out Of The Woods (I am the keeper of fragile things and I have kept of you what is indissoluble. - Anaïs Nin, House of Incest)
    1. Style (One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art. -Oscar Wilde)

Stats

Taylor Swift (2)
    Should've Said No (@əʊæ)
    Cold As You (@RUNAWAY)
    Fearless (2)
    Love Story (@soratami)
    You Belong With Me (@aniraz)​

Speak Now (18)

Red (21)

1989 (22)

reputation (3)
    Getaway Car (@Music Is Life)
    Call It What You Want (@AllGagaLike)
    New Year's Day (@evilsin)​

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  3. "All Too Well" for the win, again!

Ashling92, RUNAWAY, Rem and 6 others like this.
  4. One post, y'all. One post.

It's not even the best song on Red.

5. Y*S

Let’s do this ladies.

[​IMG]

6. Great write ups, beautiful write ups.

After being a cynical, bitter hater of Taylor for these past 8 or so months, diving back into her older albums this past two weeks has reignited my Like for her again, or at least of the “old” Taylor (R.I.P.). So nevertheless, I’m psyched for this rate. I only know her more “pop” albums quite well but I’m looking forward to dive into her country albums, especially Speak Now since fans speak of it so highly.

Rem, Island, GimmeWork and 5 others like this.
  7. Honestly Red is one of my favourite albums of all time, but Reputation one of the worst. Excited to bolster the former and tank the latter.

‘State of Grace’ or ‘Out of the Woods’ might just be my pick to win.

GimmeWork and ohnostalgia like this.
  8. P.S this might be obvious but do the /‘s (for example ‘State of Grace’/(Acoustic) and ‘Bad Blood’/Kendrick) indicate we’re rating both versions?

9. this is the title we picked for the first round? it couldn't have come at an upsetting elimination?

hello yes i'll get on this.

10. Yes please.

No idea what my 11 will be though.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  11. I Knew You Were Trouble of course!

12. Not that I personally care for it, but shouldn't Ronan be among the extras?

Lost In Japan. and Slice of Life like this.
  13. I'm Ready for It.

(insert that one fucked up delicate gif that is gone forever because imgur broke the forum)

aaronhansome, Rem, Island and 9 others like this.
  14. Me starting working on my ballot the moment I saw the thread

[​IMG]

Rem, Island, Satyress and 9 others like this.
  15. This is a huge endeavor, but I'll try to do this, promise.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  16. Me being occupied at work with this for the next two weeks before I go on vacation.

[​IMG]

Island, Slice of Life, Rem and 10 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.