The Taylor Swift Discography Rate: Finally, We’re Out Of The Woods | Page 229 | The Popjustice Forum

The Taylor Swift Discography Rate: Finally, We’re Out Of The Woods

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Categorically false, but what else is new?

2. A consistent brand that's all I'm saying. Thankfully I don't have sub-6 scores left so I'm avoiding further drags.

VivaForever and ohnostalgia like this.
  3. You underestimate me.

4. Despite the mess of the elimination order thus far, this is a very good top 13. I would kick 'Red', 'Delicate' and 'New Romantics' out before the top 10.

5. Delicate is in the top10 so send your bad vibes to something else (but not Sparks Fly).

6. Aw, I did curse Wildest Dreams by accidentally saying it made Top 12. I enjoy most of the songs left but have many 8.5s in there too. Would've been fine with Mine going first like many have said, for example. The only song I personally don't rate highly is All Too Well, but I've resigned to the fact it's going Top 5.

I certainly understand the Lana comparisons, but I don't think about it whenever I hear the song. Taylor's voice is Taylor's and like I said in the comments I love it for those qualities not as a Born to Die stan-write.

7. The lyrics on Red are good but nothing outstanding by Taylor's standards. However, the melody is amazing and I think it's a strong contender for being her best produced song. That song really makes me want to dance.

New Romantics' lyrics rival those of Blank Space and has great harmonies. It's in my top 3 from 1989 alongside Out of the Woods and Style.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  8. Spent time with an American guy for a couple of nights and we got on really well (he also was a T Swift fan) and now he’s gone back to his rich tech entrepreneur life flying all over Europe and even though I barely know him I’m gonna be super dramatic and listen to Come Back Be Here on repeat.

9. Okay but this is a valid choice.

10. A significant part of Taylor's discography in a nutshell.

11. I always assumed Red was a shoe-in for the Top 10 and possibly Top 5. Not surprised nor displeased with it, if that's what we see.

Music Is Life and Ashling92 like this.
  12. I'd never thought Red would make it this far. I really like it, but it's the ultimate pop-rock-Taylor-on-autopilot song for me.

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  13. The way she wasted an amazing instrumental on Red on her dumb kindergarden lyrics......

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  14. I don’t know about you but I wasn’t writing “Remembering him comes in flashback and echoes / Tell myself it’s time now, gotta let go / But moving on from him is impossible when I still see it all in my head” when I was 4.

alanmr, Rem, sexercise and 13 others like this.
  15. "His love was like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street" is also very vivid and well done, I think.

alanmr, Rem, sexercise and 10 others like this.
  16. I love Red, I'm so happy it made it this far.

Rem, sexercise, Ashling92 and 5 others like this.
  17. ‘Red’ is phenomenal. A total rush.

Rem, sexercise, Ashling92 and 6 others like this.
  18. Currently bopping to Mine, wondering why everyone wants it gone. No.

19. Thank god Wildest Dreams is out, I don't have a clue how you all let it get so far. Painfully boring.

As for Mine, I'd quite comfortably put it in the top 3, tbh.

20. Oh a bit of inside info- we still have sub five scores left. I think even some sub 3, but can’t confirm on mobile. Truly some hateful voters showed up.

alanmr, Rem, sexercise and 10 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.