The Traitors UK (BBC1)

Oh wow episode one of the second season of The Traitors Australia was an abomination. The absolute decline in quality from the first season is a scream. Do I bother with this mess or check out here?
I’m on episode three and if is *dreadful*. I’m not sure if I continue or stop watching. I’ve never seen a group of Faithfuls this dumb and not even in an entertaining way.

I powered through Aus season two and I’m glad I did lol. I somehow thought this franchise would become repetitive but seasons like that tell me otherwise. I could’ve never predicted such lunacy and I don’t think you could ever recreate that. I wish they had reunions because I have to know what these people thought after watching it back.

I watched Canada season 1 - it was okay- then watched Nz season one and the contrast was immense.

NZ has a great cast of funny, intelligent and great looking people and they seem to play the game really well. (Basically the exact antithesis of Aus s2)

I'm currently on Australia S2 and so far.... it's not that bad? It's not quite on the level of the UK seasons and Australia S1 but I'm still interested in following the next episodes (and that's even when I've crammed UK S2, Australia S1 and this since the start of the year).

LTG

he/him
I'm currently on Australia S2 and so far.... it's not that bad? It's not quite on the level of the UK seasons and Australia S1 but I'm still interested in following the next episodes (and that's even when I've crammed UK S2, Australia S1 and this since the start of the year).
How far in to it are you?

I watched Canada season 1 - it was okay- then watched Nz season one and the contrast was immense.

NZ has a great cast of funny, intelligent and great looking people and they seem to play the game really well. (Basically the exact antithesis of Aus s2)
I've not started Canada (the only season I haven't) as there's one missing episode from my sources.
If it's not that good, then maybe I should just burn through anyway.

Staff member
The decline for Aus S2 really starts to happen when they got rid of
Simone
for no reason.

Finally watched UK S1 and wow, what a masterful show. I can’t remember the last time I sped through something so quickly.

Maddy was iconic and deserved to win. I chuckled so much every time someone casually blurts “I’m 100% a faithful” out before continuing on.

Started season 2 and it’s a lot slower so far. The gag of Diane being the mother has been the best moment so far.

The decline for Aus S2 really starts to happen when they got rid of
Simone
for no reason.
I just watched this episode - I don't think I've ever been as frustrated watching an episode of the franchise so far.
HOW are they thinking others are traitors over Sam?

As frustrating as it is, I do find the season interesting which seems to be an unpopular opinion from what I've read online and I am looking forward to the remaining three episodes to see how it pans out.

A UK celebrity version has been confirmed by Deadline and it sounds like there's going to be a few more regional versions in the next year or so (Destination X, their new format, also sounds amazing). And civilian S3 is shooting this summer by the sounds of it. We can't stop winning!

Star traitors and faithfuls are set to face off on in the UK in a celebrity version of smash hit format The Traitors, which Deadline understands is set to launch on the BBC next year.

Several sources have told us that an agreement between Studio Lambert, which makes the UK and U.S. versions of The Traitors, and the BBC, which broadcasts it, is close. The hope is that the first celeb version will film next year and go out later in 2025, by which time three seasons of the “civilian” version will have aired. Host Claudia Winkleman is expected to present the celeb version.

The U.S. and UK versions of The Traitors — in which contestants live together and take part in challenges while seeking to uncloak the traitors among their number — are filmed back to back in a castle in Scotland. The producers could capitalize upon that model and record the celebrity version before or after these editions. Speaking to The News Agents podcast earlier this year, Studio Lambert boss Stephen Lambert had said a celeb version was “obviously a possibility.”

Given the roster of big-name Traitors fans, Deadline is told the BBC has big ambitions for the caliber of guest it could attract, and will be aiming high. A recent promo casting call video featuring Courteney Cox had fans wildly speculating that the U.S. star would appear in a celebrity version. Elsewhere, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders and Mary Berry all featured in a Celebrity Traitors sketch last year for Comic Relief.

The BBC and Studio Lambert have cast the UK version differently to the U.S. by going 100% non-celebrity for the former and hybrid celebrity-civilian for the latter. The latest U.S. season featured British celebrities including Love Island winner Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu and ex-politician John Bercow.

In the UK, The Traitors has been a ratings juggernaut for the BBC. The season two finale was the most-watched show on UK television in the week in which it was broadcast. Applications to be on the “civilian” version of the show have skyrocketed, from a couple of thousand for the first season to 40,000 for Season 2, and a reported near-300,000 for Season 3, which will start shooting shortly.

Deadline recently revealed that The Traitors, which was created by Dutch prodco IDTV and is distributed internationally by All3Media International, was the format with the most new global sales last year, usurping The Masked Singer. A spate of new versions are set for 2024 and creator Marc Pos revealed a Banijay development deal earlier today.

Elsewhere, the BBC and NBCUniversal have turned their attention to Destination X, the latest series from the landmark partnership that birthed The Traitors in which contestants have to figure out mystery locations while on the road trip of a lifetime. Reluctant Traveller maker Twofour is producing the British and American versions and will begin shooting later this year.