The Travel Thread | Page 42 | The Popjustice Forum

The Travel Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hitori, May 23, 2012.

1. I would have loved to visit the Uyuni Salt Flats as well. We thought about it but didn’t end up going there in the end. I’m sure you’re going to have an amazing trip!

Mikl C likes this.
  2. I'm thinking of going to Greece for the first time next summer (end of August to mid September). Thinking 3 days in Athens and then possibly Mykonos or Santorini. I've heard Mykonos is the "Gay Island". Any truth to that? Is it worth going to Mykonos over Santorini or vice versa?

phoenix123 likes this.
  3. It depends on... your priorities.

thequinntessential likes this.
  4. I found a great offer for train + hotel to London for 4 days (3 nights) and now my friends are being cheap ass cunts so only 1 will come join me. What are the best gay things in London? I wanna see the British Museum too and haven't been there in a while.

5. Hi y'all.
    I'm going to visit (part of) US in May, me and a friend are going to San Francisco, Las Vegas and Los Angeles for a total of 10 days.

We already booked both San Francisco and Las Vegas but we still have to find an accommodation in LA. Do you have any tips on where to stay? Is it better to look for an hotel or an airb'n'b?

Any other tips on any of the mention locations are very welcome.

Thank u, next.

6. Helloooooo. I’m taking my mum and brother away on holiday in April. We can’t decide between Phuket, Cancun or San Francisco (coming for your gig @Leogin gurl). All have their merits and we haven’t been away together in yeaaaaars, so with that in mind, what would you gals recommend?

thequinntessential and Leogin like this.
  7. Do an AirBnB, it's much more affordable. I'd advise staying around West Hollywood as it's really central (or as central as something can be in LA).

Leogin likes this.
  8. I'm spending two weeks in Japan later this year, splitting the time between Tokyo and Kyoto with lots of day trips. What are the essentials I need to include in my itenary?

bakerboy92 likes this.
  9. Osaka is better than Kyoto, it's far too touristy. You could so a few days in each maybe.

10. I would recommend a day trip to Nara from Kyoto, so many cute tame deer roaming around the city park. Also Osaka is worth a couple of days, definitely a night out in the Dotonbori/Minami area.
    You could spend endless days in Tokyo. It's so big! Day trips to Hakone (for an onsen experience) and Mount Fuji would be good. You could possibly do a Kamakura day trip from Tokyo, but if you're going to Kyoto anyway you probably don't need to see any more shrines/temples!

11. Just booked my flight for Primavera Sound and decided to do a little extended trip in Europe. In Barcelona from May 29 - June 4, but not going back to the states until the 13th. What's lit in early June?

Thinking Paris + Madrid but would love any suggestions. Preference to things involving music, art, or being gay.

12. This is quite difficult. There's literally hundreds of things to do in most European capitals so just follow your gut I suppose.

13. I echo Nara and Hakone as two places to visit. I didn't have time to visit Osaka which is a big regret, but really liked Kyoto. And Tokyo is awesome, obviously.

14. Hi guys, I'm planning my first international trip this summer and would love to hear any suggestions you have on best neighborhoods to stay/perhaps lesser known things to do in London, Rome, and Amsterdam. I like art, food, record stores, gay things, going out etc. Thank you x

15. I can help with art, food, record stores (+ architecture) in Amsterdam. Feel free to send me a DM otherwise I can write here some stuff too. I'm a bad Italian and still need to really visit Rome.

16. You’re Italian and you have never been to Rome??

@thefaceofyou if you need tips for Rome feel free to write me, I live there.

17. I've always been very busy or living abroad. Maybe 2019 will be the year.

18. Where are you from in Italy?

19. A forgotten valley in Veneto. Not that it's a good excuse but anyway I rarely went to the south.

20. Well this actually explain why you have never been to Rome.
    But you really should come, even if it's not a good city to live in, it still is the most beautiful city in the world.

Verandi likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.