The Travel Thread | Page 49 | The Popjustice Forum

The Travel Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hitori, May 23, 2012.

1. I stayed at Cascina Respau in Como, and it's one of the loveliest hostels I've ever stayed in. It's up a hill, you call them when you arrive and they'll come down to pick you up. It's super chill up there, but also within walking distance to Como, and they make delicious food.

James2009 likes this.
  2. Planning on Milan and either Mykonos OR Santorini and DAMN, Vas makes a good case for Mykonos. I want good scenery but I also don't want to be bored off my tits.

3. What are the good gay bars/clubs in Paris?

4. I like Le Tango. It's like your friendly local gay bar.

5. Catania is amazing if you're into baroque architecture and churches. If you go there, make sure to go to Bar Savia and get a "cassatella", it's a typical sweet and it's delicious. You can eat it in Villa Bellini, which is on the other side of the street and it's beautiful.

If you go to Sicily during summer, take a trip to Aeolian Islands, Lipari and Vulcano are my favourites.

James2009 likes this.
  6. That looks fab. I'm booked to fly into Palermo...but I haven't figured out whether to do a few days in Palermo yet and come back or whether to take a train and go to Catania and fly from there instead. Those pictures are really great!

7. Travel plans have changed for the better I think--Barcelona was a little ambitious.

3 days in London
    2 days in Amsterdam
    1 day in Brussels
    4 days in Paris
    3 days in London (working during the day for all 3)

In early September.

Does that make sense? Tried to avoid the headache of flying as an American through the Eurozone and stuck to destinations readily available via Eurostar this go-around. Considering knocking a day off of the first London leg or Paris and doing a day in Antwerp or Rotterdam, but I figure I could decide that once I arrive and book a hotel if I decide to go that route.

8. Is it your first time in those places? If so skip Brussels.

Verandi likes this.
  9. Whew I lived there and honestly tea.

10. Yeah, first time to Europe--is Brussels that bad? I figured it'd be a nice way to break up the train ride between Amsterdam and London, and could be good for a low key day/night of architecture gawking.

What would you recommend I do with the day instead? Tack it onto the Netherlands?

11. Bruxelles is actually very fine for one day, it just pales in comparison with the other four cities. I don't know which kind of architecture you like, but I'd strongly suggest Rotterdam instead. It's a quite unique city.

12. Go to the Marolles for a nice antique market stroll, go up to the Palace of Justice for a nice view, go for a drink at Fontainas (this part is the most important). You'll have a nice day.

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 2:57 AM
  13. Rotterdam and Amsterdam are awesome. I am a Dutchie.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.