〔 The TWICE Rate 〕#103 | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

〔 The TWICE Rate 〕#103

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by aux, May 17, 2021.

1. Ah, memories of me as a baby subforum member misguidedly sumbitting HO! as my super-whatever of that year only to be hilariously dragged when it left in the bottom three.

I stand by my ten points, but I can understand why people might not like this one. However, the draggings of that mini album as a whole.......I do not accept that.

Also, @Slice of Life & @Vixen, you have top tier taste.

vague, singabob, aux and 13 others like this.
  2. M24

M24

All this negative talk about the What Is Love EP makes me really worried for Dejavu, which is one of my highest scores of the rate...

Anyway, I do agree it's among their lesser works, though still pretty decent and I think I prefer it to Yes or Yes.

vague, singabob and aux like this.
  3. Teebs... this song has just gotten better with age for me. I view it through the lens of TWICE tackling the bratpop/noise sound ff. Do It Again from their first album kinda has a similar vibe, but the mixing on that is just horrific.

vague, Luck, singabob and 3 others like this.
  4. Just the title "Shot Clock" had me worried it would be too cheesy before I listened to the album but it really revealed itself as a true highlight of Eyes Wide Open for me.

singabob and aux like this.
  5. I thought Shot Clock was the worst on the album, sounds so dated.

vague, aux, eatyourself and 3 others like this.
  6. Shot Clock definitely is the worst one in its album but Queen and Bring It Back aren't too far behind.

vague, BeingNormal and aux like this.
  7. Shot Clock is fine. It may be the worst song in the album, but that doesn't mean it should be getting eliminated anytime soon.

vague and aux like this.
  8. aux

aux

[​IMG]

ONCEs
    10 x2 (@Serg., @RUNAWAY), 9.5 x1 (@thommyh)

ANTIs
    4 x3 (@Shockbox, @BeingNormal, @nikkysan), 5 x2 (@soratami, @eatyourself)

AUX's score

"Brand New Girl" was released as the b-side to the Japanese single "Candy Pop", it was later included in the tracklist for BDZ. This is one of my favourite Japanese songs from them, so I'm a bit miffed as to it leaving now. It's such a fun, fever rush of a song. The production is taking the aegyo concept *explosion sound* to freedom. I'm not the biggest fan of "Candy Pop", so part of me wishes this was the single instead of it.

9. It's okay to go, but Be as One should already be gone too.

aux likes this.
  10. I think YOU should go. Be as ONE is the best song on BDZ nn

vague, Love Deluxe, Luck and 8 others like this.
  11. Over BDZ and Candy Pop? No maam.

aux likes this.
  12. aux

aux

[​IMG]

ONCEs
    10 x1 (@thommyh), 9.5 x1 (@Slice of Life)

ANTIs
    3 x1 (@eatyourself), 4 x1 (@Salami)

AUX's score

Bye boo. I'm sorry, but I just don't have time for this song. "Shot Clock" is the ninth track on TWICE's second studio Korean album Eyes wide open. I just find this too grating and bombastic for my taste, it doesn't feel rewarding in any sense. The production sounds like a marching band on steroids and it sounds completely out of place on Eyes wide open - which overall is one of the best K-Pop releases ever, so having this there takes it down a smidge. I think @Salami nailed it best out of all the takes on "Shot Clock", saying it sounds dated for a song which came out late last year.

The song has never been performed live so here's a "Empty Arena Version" I found on YouTube which makes it sound like it is being performed live.

vague, Serg., DJHazey and 21 others like this.
  13. hmm today I will cause violence

14. Eh, I'm unphased by that one. It's not the worst thing ever but I don't really care for it much.

vague, eatyourself, aux and 6 others like this.
  15. "Empty Arena Version" sounds so shady nn

vague, ysev, eatyourself and 8 others like this.
  16. I can understand the arena being empty if all they play is Shit Cock.

vague, ysev, Love Deluxe and 10 others like this.
  17. aux

aux

[​IMG]

ONCEs
    10 x2 (@thommyh, @savilizabeths), 9 x3 (@nikkysan, @Luck, @RUNAWAY)

ANTIs
    4 x3 (@BeingNormal, @Salami, @ysev), 5 x2 (@Shockbox, @eatyourself)

AUX's score

"WOW" is the fourth track on TWICE's debut Korean album twicetagram. To be wholly honest, I don't mind this track, I just find it very repetitive and forgettable. The bridge is easily the best part of the song. I'm not too mad about this leaving us, it's sadly on the weaker side of their fantastic first album which dare I say is underrated.

There's no "WOW" live performances so everyone, give it up for LOONA's "WOW" xx

vague, Luck, Love Deluxe and 19 others like this.
  18. Middle of the pack Twicetagram but it still could've hung on a tad longer, as for Shot Clock, we're wrong for making it the first cut from Eyes Wide Open but I'm not surprised considering its detractors were calling for it.

aux and Crisp X like this.
  19. I decided not to give my 11 to WOW this time around. That song, of all things, got me through one of the worst periods of my life. The album as a whole but especially WOW. To this day it makes me happier than I can explain, even though I know most people don't get that. I didn't give it my 11 this time around bc I knew the result would break my heart but it's still my 11 in my soul.

You high scorers, thank you for existing and hearing what I hear in this song.

vague, Luck, ysev and 9 others like this.
  20. Oh my god, if you'd lost your 11 here too I would pull an MNET and fabricate the results to make So Curious go a bit higher. You don't deserve so much suffering! I'm glad you picked another one though.

If it comforts you, the next 11 to leave the IZ*ONE rate is mine :((

vague, ysev, aux and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.