The UK #2s of the 2000s Rate: Part The First!! (VOTES DUE JUNE 19TH 11:59PM USA EDT) | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

The UK #2s of the 2000s Rate: Part The First!! (VOTES DUE JUNE 19TH 11:59PM USA EDT)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by WowWowWowWow, Apr 30, 2018.

?

How should we proceed with Part 2 of the rate?

1. Finish Part 1 completely and then start Part 2

40.0%
  2. Open voting for Part 2 when results for Part 1 commence

60.0%
  3. Something else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Some Alizee love is always welcome!! <3

Get your life to Moi Lolita @iheartpoptarts! Just click PLAY as I cannot enter it for PJ00s!! :(

2. I was very surprised to discover that she spent 13 weeks at #2, almost all of that time stuck behind a song from a Romeo and Juliet musical, but the joke was on the starcrossed lovers because their song was replaced at #1 by... Alizée's second single "L'Alizé."

3. Moi Lolita actually charted in the UK as well if I am not mistaken - unusual for a French song to do so too!

4. I do get my life to that song! And I'll be here! Eventually.

berserkboi and WowWowWowWow like this.
  5. French #2's are all bops!! In that crowd despite Anastacia being there the biggest miss is definitely Moi...Lolita

WowWowWowWow and berserkboi like this.
  6. Yes, it made it all the way to #9! I think the only French song since then to chart in the UK top 40 has been Alors on danse by Stromae (which made it to #25).

The Anastacia, Renaud/Axelle Red and Alizee songs are all amazing. I haven't heard the other two yet but if they're on that level then I'm in for a treat.

berserkboi and WowWowWowWow like this.
  7. Me Gustas Tu was completely inescapable when I lived there.

8. Moi Lolita was #2 in my personal chart in 2000 and then hit #1 in 2002 when it was released in non-francophone countries.

soratami and WowWowWowWow like this.
  9. So while doing research for this rate I may, or may not have, googled the Busted boys. And I must say, they aged very well.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  10. [​IMG]

And we're done.

2000 - 6.1 - 10 x 3 - 0 x 2

2001 - 6.0 - 10 x 2 - 0 x 1

2002 - 5.7 - 10 x 2 - 0 x 1

2003 - 6.1 - 10 x 4 - 0 x 3

11. Five voters so far! Thank you!! (Five more voters than I got for the Chic rate I tried out once!)

I've scoured the Internet for different countries' singles lists, but if you know of any good sources of chart info that I can exploit, please send my way!!

Empty Shoebox likes this.
  12. The Aria Charts for Australia?

Untouchable Ace and WowWowWowWow like this.
  13. I started on dutchcharts.nl and they had some absurd in-depth list of the top zillion songs in history, and it was easy enough to scroll down the list and see what songs peaked at #2 and when. I found 3 or 4 countries’ lists like this. I’d like to expand the horizons a bit but I don’t know if Argentina or India has an easily accessible list. More internet sleuthing I suppose!

14. Let me see if I can navigate the Oricon site again.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  15. Yas at this Alizée love. French Divas Rate coming soon x

16. It's

#soon!

WowWowWowWow and soratami like this.
  17. I love averages...

2000 - 6.1 (10x1; 0x2)
    2001 - 6.21 (10x2; 3x1)
    2002 - 6.16 (10x3; 0x2)
    2003 - 5.95 (11; 10x4; 0x2)

WowWowWowWow and Untouchable Ace like this.
  18. Songs in this rate that were #1 in my personal chart

Samantha Mumba - Gotta Tell You (3 weeks)
    Sonique - Sky (1 week)

Shakira - Whenever Wherever (3 weeks, #1 in my year-end chart)
    Kylie Minogue - Love at First Sight (2 weeks)
    Oasis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out (1 week)

Kevin Lyttle - Turn Me On (1 week in 2004)

londonrain and WowWowWowWow like this.
  19. We love taste.

20. So I've actually started doing this now. Yeah, yeah. I'm starting with 2001. Should be able to knock 'em out by a few days before the deadline, so don't worry!

...Why the hell would you even TRY to make a censored version of an Eminem song about drugs?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.