The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Mvnl, May 8, 2017.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

Scream at Heidi Montag.

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It would have been kinda fun to forget to include her so someone would start seriously thinking she made the top 100.. top 10.. and final 2.

Actually, for tension sake it would have been quite interesting to skip all the 1-vote-acts alltogether!

3. Now KEET! sounds right up my alley.

Mvnl likes this.
  4. Oh wow at Bon Jovi getting only one vote. No room on my list so grateful for whoever did.

Yes at Keet!

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  5. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah Bon Jovi is one of those acts with enough classics to justify at least a top 200 position!
    But at the same time I fear they're a bit too 'dad rock' for the average PJer these days.

6. That 'Sirens' song is really intriguing, it was kinda creepy.

Also did Grimes sample that Heidi Montag song in 'REALiTi?!

Sprockrooster and Mvnl like this.
  7. Yeah and they didnot put out amazing stuff in the last decade, so they are easily forgotten or lost in acts that put out amazing also the last years.

Mvnl likes this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah, though there's definitely some acts in the final 200 the same could be said about.
    As much as they got some great singles, they're clearly not an alltime favourite act to many people here.

This would have been my song pick for them.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  9. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

It was me! They are inescapable in New Jersey. Livin On Prayer is one of the best 80's songs. Them teaming up with Max Martin was a moment with It's My Life. You Want To Make A Memory is my favorite of their more recent songs.

10. It's My Life is truly a moment!

The last single I loved (havenot checked recent albums) is Till We Aint Strangers Anymore. But nothing tops their early stuff! Personally 'Always' take the cake.

MollieSwift21 and Mvnl like this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

One more reveal coming.
    I'm going for a maximum of about 8 acts a video and about 2/3 videos a day.
    Hope that pace is okay for everyone?
    Want to give each act a fair chance to shine and be discussed but also want to move forward to the 'all new' part of the countdown rather quickly. (Though at this point there's already a fair amount of new acts compared to last year!)

12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Big compliment for the diversity here again, voters!

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  13. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Burning House is the kind of song that stops you in your tracks after only one listen.

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It wasn't even intended but I love how Walk The Moon take Cam's theme of parties and burning and continue it.

londonrain likes this.
  15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It's pretty much a Lidl Selena isn't it?

16. I used to absolutely LOVE Bon Jovi when I first got into music as a kid. I'd probably put It's My Life quite high on my list of all-time faves.

And SingerSen looks/sounds intriguing, lemme check her out. Same with Sofia Carson.

17. You know me so well!
    Exactly what I need in my life.

iheartpoptarts, Mvnl and DJHazey like this.
  18. Did you vote for her Molly? Did You???

MollieSwift21, Sprockrooster and Mvnl like this.
  19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

That's it for the #33s.

Excuse for the wrong title on the 2nd song, it's actually
    Bad Sister

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.