The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Mvnl, May 8, 2017.

1. Oh wow. I do not know what shocks me more... The low placement of Bryan Adams or the fact that he missed out the last time...

londonrain and Mvnl like this.
  2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

He seems like a rather essential 'alltime greatest artists' acts doesn't he?
    Maybe less of a popstar. And I'm guessing for some voters he might verge too much on 'dad rock'.
    Also it probably doesn't help his last hit was about 17 years ago.
    I still enjoy his Greatest Hits though. And When You're Gone and Everything I Do are essential 90s moments.

3. I never even considered him until now. So I guess he is one of those artists with countless classics but never really stick with you as an artist. Great he was mentioned cause I might have never noticed he was missing.

Mvnl likes this.
  4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I think this might be the case for quite a few classic artists here. Apart from discovering new acts this can be a great reminder of some really big acts you completely forgot about. They might be noone's favourite yet if this were a 'rate' they'd score perfectly fine.
    I swear that even with 965 acts some 'essential' popstars might still be left out. As extensive as this list might seem, considering how many artists there have been I guess showing up in the countdown already is a bit of a win. Even if you get beaten by Rebecca Black in the process.

5. Ooh, Alvvays sound great! So fess up - who entered them, is all their stuff that good, and what should I listen to next?

constantino and Mvnl like this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

@ModeRed

7. Yeh, Alvvays sounds right up my street too!

Love that Purity Ring song.

ModeRed, constantino and Mvnl like this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  9. Didn't expect Diana to be out so early!!!!

10. Poor Diana. I feel responsible for this early loss.

11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

This countdown thusfar isn't being too nice on legendary acts that peaked in/before the '90s, is it?

12. Yeah right! But in this century there have come up some amazing artists so it's not too bad ... and I like listening to all the (for me) new music!

I like a few songs of Diana Ross but all in all Motown isn't the music-style I'm looking for! Nice to see her in this ranking though!

Mvnl likes this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah, and I guess since we already 'lost' over 200 acts there's always going to be some big names in there.
    It's just that the more legendary acts stand out more than other eliminations because everyone knows them so you'd expect them to better.
    But clearly 86 people prefer (at least) 40 acts to Bon Jovi, Gloria Estefan, Diana Ross & Bryan Adams!

14. I'm unashamedly relieved it was Ross and not Vickers!

15. Diana Vickers was the act my mind jumped to, too. Oops.

16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The Legend.

Zar-Unity and P'NutButter like this.
  17. I still think "Message in a box" is a far better world party song than "is it like today"

18. At least we now know there is some proper Popjustice on the way.

iheartpoptarts and Mvnl like this.
  19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

20. Wait @sexercise voted in this? I can't think of anyone else voting for Meghan.

Also yes at Ladies' Code, there are a lot of K-Pop acts that I didn't expect to see here.

Sprockrooster, londonrain and Mvnl like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.