The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Mvnl, May 8, 2017.

1. Damn, that's awful, very sorry to here @Mvnl

I hope you can retrieve your files somehow.

Something that might help you, I've had excellent success with Tenorshare's Reiboot software when I got locked out of my Ipod one time because of a hang up server error. They also have a Data recovery program - http://www.tenorshare.com/products/data-recovery-pro.html

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    ModeRed and londonrain like this.
  2. Not you too!

Oh god it's like losing an arm isn't it?!!

londonrain and Zar-Unity like this.
  3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It's horrendous.
    The hard yet convenient thing is iTunes can tell me exactly what I'm missing. I've found bits lying around several other hard disks but the majority of 2016 is gone, which is a LOT.
    Gonna be taking months to get it all together and conveniently use my smart playlists again I'm afraid.
    Nothing used to relax me like rating some new music, fixing tags/years/artwork.. and now I just get upset looking at my library.

Most tension at the moment is the fact there's still a few possibilities of people checking it to possibly recover something. Got someone at the other side of the country who 'could have a good look at it', there's a store who think they 'might' recover some of it for 100 euro, but it might take up to 2 weeks(!!!).
    And then there's the really thorough recovery services for money I don't even make in a month..
    I swear, in a way it would be more relaxing if someone smashed it in 1000 pieces so I had no choice but to move on and start rebuilding my library. The not-knowing and having to wait is horrendous.

londonrain likes this.
  4. Ouch! That really is awful. I hope it all works out for you!

Zar-Unity and Mvnl like this.
  5. This is the worst thing to happen it nearly happened to me in 2015 when my computer died I had to wait 2 weeks to see if it could be fixed. Thankfully it was only the PSU that went and everything else was fine but the repair shop couldn't find the PSU for my computer but offered to remove the hard drive so I took that offfer. That hard drive is now my backup for my backup because the anxiety of not knowing is too much for me I don't want to go through it again. Also I couldn't live with no music or having to rebuild my itunes which I haven't even finished organising.

londonrain and Mvnl like this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Well it mainly confronts me with how obsessed and OCD I am about my iTunes. The mere fact I can hardly function right now might be a bit of a wake up call. (I had my lesson, drive, now just start functioning again, thanks!)
    I should really get back to the montages, there's no real reason not to besides my head running in circles all day. It might even be a distraction much needed. Let's see what I can do (and if my projects still function!)

7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

A friend told me 'isn't this a good moment to move on to Spotify?'.
    It's just not the same.

londonrain and Zar-Unity like this.
  8. My music collection exists as a backup if I can't stream it's something my dad has instilled in me to always have a hard copy of everything it's why I'll never part with my physical collection of music.

Zar-Unity likes this.
  9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

For me it's mainly that I'm so used to put my entire iTunes on shuffle or use one of my many (extremely complex) smart playlists to get the exact right mix of something old/something new. Having to choose what CD to put on or which Spotify playlist to start just isn't the same.

Zar-Unity likes this.
  10. In that sense yeah it's not the same I mainly rely on complex smart playlists I never use shuffle as it freezes itunes and plus I don't really switch up what I listen to I play until I get bored of a song. I guess I'm someone who can easily revert back to old ways of listening to music if need be but I understand not everybody is like that.

11. Smart playlists? What are they?

12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

You can configure things like 'year is between 1989 and 2000', 'last time played isn't within the past 3 months' and 'rating is above 3 stars'. I got a ridiculously complex system by now which features things like 'take 5 songs from this playlist, 20 from that, 10 current hits, 50 '90s songs, etcetera'

13. I'm so sorry to read this!

I can totally understand because I do the same. I just wish I had the possibility to tell iTunes that it should'nt play an artist more than once a day (or a week or whatever) ...

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Actually finished part 3 last night, and it contained all the possible copyright issues of this bunch.. perhaps the reason that even vid.me is still processing the video 24 hours later.. will have a look for an alternative upload!

15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Well that sure took a while (Damn you big names who are worthy of youtube blocking)

Here's the final 15-pointers!

16. I didn't realise Bella Thorne was a real person. I've heard of her, but I thought she was a fictional character from a fairytale TV show or something. That song sounds nice, though.

17. That Bella Thorne song is legit amazing.

18. She's a legend that none of us deserved be on the same planet as, so you're not far off.

I can't watch the video yet but I know @WhenTheSunGoesDown is responsible because of flawless taste.

THE Bella Thorne bop forever though. Hold onto your wigs everyone!

19. I love Bella Thorne, bad ass beard and doesn't give a shit.

20. Kudos to the John Barry voter!

yes it is, and they only have one album at present so start there...

invertedbutterfly and Mvnl like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.