The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Mvnl, May 8, 2017.

1. James Morrison probably deserved a bit more than one point, but then, I can see why he didn't get any further. Still, he's one of the best male singers around.

Hang on...my number 40 actually made it through this time around?

phoenix123 and londonrain like this.
  2. Oh my god IVI!
    I had four places left on my list, how the fuck did I not include her? Shame on me.

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It would seem so!
    Repetitive as this part might seem the past week has definitely made for quite a few changes, with new people voting and lots of people adding and (re)moving acts on their lists.

James Morrison made my long list based on how much I loved his debut. He's definitely still an act whose new albums I always check out but apart from I Won't Let You Go he hasn't done much that hit me like Wonderful World and You Give Me Something did at the time.

marie_05 likes this.
  4. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I would have included James but... Alexandra was my #40 and he is not a better popstar than she is.

Mvnl likes this.
  5. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Making a list of 40 people I've been an actual fan of was a challenge, but yes.. once it gets down to 'good popstars' 40 picks will just not cover it. No matter how great your list is I'm sure there'll be many 'ooh I love this one' moments to come.
    I already had it with Vonda, Alexandra and James and we just got started!

6. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I'm a bit worried that nobody else will have voted for my #41...

7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Now I feel like everybody else in this thread having absolutely no idea who that would be!

8. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

La La Love is amazing and one of my favourite Eurovision songs ever. What has she done since to merit an Ultimate Popstar position, though? (Genuinely asking. If there's something as good as La La Love out there then I want to know!)

9. I didnot vote for her, but whoever is a forever bae

londonrain likes this.
  10. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

It was Gabrielle. She was on my original list but I had to bump her down a spot because I forgot to include a certain popstar who simply had to be on the list.

Island, Sprockrooster and Mvnl like this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Oh damn, I actually did know that!
    Well, let's see! You chose wisely, that popstar was deserving, no matter how great Gabrielle is!

londonrain likes this.
  12. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Yes, but:

Still breaks my heart every time.

Island, P'NutButter and Mvnl like this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Since I've voted I've already heard songs by acts I didn't vote for and thought 'oh, I should have...'
    But then I'm sure the same applies for all the acts I did vote for!

Back in 2011 Gabrielle was #231 with 2 votes by the way.

londonrain likes this.
  14. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Let's hope those two people didn't forget her this time!

Mvnl likes this.
  15. Poor Sophie, she probably could have made my list but I didn't really want to change things. NKOTB wouldn't be near my list, but also feels like they could have done a bit better than that

Mvnl likes this.
  16. That Kitty song is still amazing. Is it on Spotify yet?

I missed New Kids on the Block the first time around, but ever since I saw them with the Backstreet Boys I've gone to literally all their tours. (Have I already said this in the last thread? Maybe.) Good times and justice for boybands!

Fangoria look like metal or something but sound oh so very Eurodance. Interesting.

They make me happy. I always meant to get into them more, honestly!

I'm no expert by any means, but bop forever!

constantino, Mvnl and londonrain like this.
  17. I think this happened to me last time and nobody voted for my #41 (Erasure).

Having said that I have not bumped them up into my top 40 this time so I can't complain.

londonrain and Mvnl like this.
  18. Right who is that Kitty person? She is giving me Jentina mixed in with That Poppy.

I love how eclectic the music is, I may not be the biggest fan of certain songs but I'm enjoying the mix.

Zar-Unity, londonrain and Mvnl like this.
  19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

More parts coming up later tonight!

20. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

No, Loretta Lynn, I don't want to go to Fist City.

And there goes Jennifer Hudson, my #39. I know she's largely known for Dreamgirls, but If This Isn't Love is amazing and it's special enough to me that the title is actually engraved on my wedding ring.

Mvnl and Sprockrooster like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.