The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a | Page 42 | The Popjustice Forum

The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Mvnl, May 8, 2017.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Once I finished my current runthrough of Gilmore Girls I might do the same!
    On one hand I'm not sure if I have the patience to sit through a show I already know. (watching it together with someone who's seeing it for the first time is a different experience, just watching alone might make me want to skip the boring bits, then end up just fastforwarding everything).
    But it is a wonderful world to dive (back) into. Already crying thinking of the ending, 'I miss you, Joe' and Jack's coming out.

funkyg likes this.
  2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Noooooooo... why??
    I don't remember having this discussion, but Dawson became less likeable as the show went on.. I can't think of (m)any reasons to dislike Pacey, at all..

To stay on topic: here's Katie Holmes singing.. I wonder if she got any votes?

MollieSwift21 likes this.
  3. Is "A" Death Cab for Cutie's secret middle initial, like the B in Sophie B Hawkins?

Mvnl likes this.
  4. Clean Bandit were my most hated group of the 2010s, but then they came out as Corbynites so now I have to reluctantly file them alongside all the grime music I'm pretending to like. There's been enough leftist in-fighting already without me being uncomradely about their pop.

It's odd because I'm pretty sure I have at some point in the past used the exact phrase "dance music for Tories" to describe Clean Bandit's output. If their entire career was a covert political infiltration of the right, I'm down with it.

5. I am forever playing catch-up in the evenings because it's hard to surreptitiously watch videos at work.

-Hey, who else remembers Nikka Costa's long-lost teen pop career? Shout-out to all of PJOPS!

-Way to actually choose my fave Frank song, random album track and everything!

-'I Can't Explain' is too cute and I do kind of love how K-otic are now Ultimate Popstar iconic forever!

-Oh my god, Lorie! Some of those hairstyles are so early Mandy Moore.

This makes me so happy. That is all.

6. It's a previously unreleased song that Edie Brickell released on the band's 2002 Ultimate collection compilation. Quite a hidden, decent number by the band!

unnameable likes this.
  7. It makes me happy, whenever I read "Mandy Moore's" name mentioned, literally anywhere. So thank you for that!

Oh my gosh, Lorie! I love her! She just barely missed out from my top 40 list I believe.

londonrain and iheartpoptarts like this.
  8. A little bit of catchup but I discovered Frank for myself just a few months ago. How did I go so long without them? To me the album is literally flawless and deserved to be huge.

I also love Lorie alot, this is my favorite:

9. Lorie's best song and video!

I still haven't checked out Franks album yet, but I will soon.

DJHazey likes this.
  10. I was wary of Clean Bandit at first because I never liked Rather Be (I'm blaming Jess Glynne for that now) and it was so deathly overplayed. But the last three of Tears + Rockabye + Symphony have been really incredible, so I'm excited to see where they go next. Grace's Corbyn shirt helped too.

londonrain, CorgiCorgiCorgi and Mvnl like this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Year 3000 is a tune and easily Busted's best.

13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Marissa Nadler sounds like she might cater to my Lana love.

14. Yes, definitely!! I feel the same!

15. "Don't know much" is Linda Rhonstadt with Aaron Neville? I don't know much of her but she has a beautiful voice.

I really like the version of "I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself" of The White Stripes!

I don't know Nickel Creek and Marissa Nadler at all. But they both sound very good - I will listen to some more songs!

Mvnl likes this.
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Right! The artist-vote was for Linda though, not for them as a duo.
    Pretty much the only song I know by her, but I do love it.

funkyg and Filippa like this.
  17. It's been 30-odd yeas since I've heard of her and I STILL have problems spelling Linda Ronstadt. Glad I'm not the only one!

funkyg, Filippa and Mvnl like this.
  18. The most known version of "Blue Bayou" is from her:

But I don't know any other song neither ...

funkyg and Mvnl like this.
  19. Glad someone picked Back To Love. What a classic early 90s tune although this is my favourite of theirs:

mump boy and Mvnl like this.
  20. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.