The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Mvnl, May 8, 2017.

1. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

New Kids on the Block from the first round was mine. So many great hits. I love Jordan and Joey's voices. Poor Loretta only getting two points.

Mans Zelmerlow was my obscure Swedish pick. Hope & Glory was in the first Melodifestivalen I watched. That key change! I was so pressed when he didn't win. Him winning Eurovision with Heroes was such a great moment. MZW and Perfectly Damaged being my favorite album.

I remember Sounds of Arrow for how many ads they had on here. I forgot about M2M but whenever I remember their songs it turns into a jam sesh.

2. That M2M song is pretty good. I'm liking all the, what's the word, bubblegum pop additions this time round, or maybe I'm just more appreciate of them this time.

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I think in general the bubble gum acts in there were there last time around as well!
    (Unless you mean 'this time around' as opposed to 2011)

4. I like the Got a Girl tune...

5. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Let's see if it works this time (going by the copyright info the issue wasn't in the music but in using part of a music video)

6. Works now for me!

Mvnl likes this.
  7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Apparently I can upload the entire discography of Jennifer Hudson and Will Smith, but don't mess with Peter Cetera!

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  8. Ha I never noticed Eva Mendes was in the 'Miami' video!

A$AP Robbie, Sprockrooster and Mvnl like this.
  9. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Good to see Yazoo, Foxes and Will Smith on this. I didn't add Foxes as I wanted to avoid a bias towards acts I've discovered only recently, but Cruel is THAT bop and one of my favourite songs of 2016.

Mvnl likes this.
  10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Foxes yaaaaaas, and you've got to love a bit of Will Smith too.

11. I meant this time round -- I wasn't there for the previous Ultimate Popstar rate.

12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Like I said last year I kinda miss the 'fun' 'party'-type of mainstream rap like Will Smith did.
    Foxes is great, was on my long-long list but in general there are too many album tracks I never really got familiar with and asides from 'did some great songs' I don't really know her.

londonrain and iheartpoptarts like this.
  13. I still need to get into that Kitty because I remember her from last time (I think), I don't remember Ivi but I liked what I heard.

Foxes was just "Let Go For Tonight" for a while before I delved into her albums. It was totally worth it because she has a lot of good material. Also, she's gorgeous.

londonrain, iheartpoptarts and Mvnl like this.
  14. Will Smith is so 90s iconic. I know all the words!

londonrain and P'NutButter like this.
  15. That M2M song in part 2 is so catchy, I might check their discography.

londonrain and iheartpoptarts like this.
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Shoddy video aside this was a bit of a gem as well.

17. Ooh, let me give you my fave, too!

londonrain and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Is that the same guy as in their first video?
    Always found that chorus a little weak, but I love the strings throughout it.

Sprockrooster and iheartpoptarts like this.
  19. I have no idea, but I wouldn't be surprised!

20. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.