The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Mvnl, May 8, 2017.

1. This is very ''late 90s Britney album track'' and I like it.

@Mvnl how do you manage the scores of people who sent only 20 songs? For example, how many points does my #20 receive? 1 point?

Mvnl and iheartpoptarts like this.
  2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Nope, that would seem a bit unfair. With 40 acts the number 1 gets 40 points, so the number 20 gets 21.
    If your list is shorter the 'upper songs' still get the same score. (Basically 41 minus its position)

In short, anyone's number 20 receives 21 points, no matter how many acts are beneath it.

The only downside of a shorter list is it will take a bit longer till we get to your picks. (Though if you're lucky it will take even longer)

3. That Plan B song is amazing. Great discovery!

Whoever send in Pink Dress is bae.

And poor Bonny. She deserved more.

Vanessa Amorosi came very close. Love whoever send her in! This is my fave by her:

What a fucking song:

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yay, people discovering stuff starts again!!
    Plan B had some great songs, and I'm fully here for the soulinfluences on Praying.

Spotify updated again, this is gonna be one really interesting playlist.
    (Will have to make up my mind whether I'll include áll song picks for the acts with multiple votes. I guess they kinda deserve it for charting higher)

londonrain and Sprockrooster like this.
  5. Betty Boo is one of those artists that I've vaguely heard of and that intrigues me, but I've never checked her out. Maybe I should.

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

If you heard Girls Aloud's first album you know a lot more of her material (and vocals) than you were aware of.

Also: @Kirkland , anything to add?

Island, P'NutButter and Reboot like this.
  7. Coincidentally I've got a Sporcle quiz I'm making about Girls Aloud songwriters open in the tab next to this. SPOILER: one of the answers is Betty Boo.

I hope no one voted for Brian McFadden.

Island, marie_05 and Mvnl like this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Does Westlife count?

Island and iheartpoptarts like this.
  9. I love Total Eclipse of the Heart and Don't Go! It's really a pleasure to see Yahoo and Bonnie Tyler on this list!

mump boy and Mvnl like this.
  10. Start here:

11. The first Foxes album was littered with pop gems. It was co-written and produced by a member of Ghosts and it shows, Glorious definitely shares a lot of its qualities with The World Is Outside. The second one was a bit repetitive in places and never really clicked with me, though. Surely it was @Island who voted for her? I'm surprised she's already out of the running.

Will Smith's music career was fun. Still love the Men In Black theme.

Geneva are my first real loss this time around.

Mvnl and Island like this.
  12. Island

Island Staff Member

Yes it was me!

13. I can't not start miming (with hand movements) when Bonnie Tyler comes on. That chorus is truly something it just builds and builds...

londonrain and Mvnl like this.
  14. I'll claim Plan B as my entry- though I should also have put Geneva in there on reflection- love that album!

Mvnl and marie_05 like this.
  15. Spoon! They were so close to making my list (probably would have picked Inside Out), I admit that I only started listening to them after They Want My Soul, but spent the last few years getting into their discography and they are hands down the most consistantly great indie band out there. Can't wait to see them this summer and been hammering Hot Thoughts since March.

16. Ah. Bonnie Tyler - you can't go wrong with Steinman (and I'm sure another of his songs will turn up sooner or later).

Glad to see Yazoo - will Alison solo or another of Vince's projects score highly?

17. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Aw Donna Lewis! I love you always forever remains incredible. Total Eclipse of the Heart is that song that after just one listen stops you in your tracks. I love how dramatic it is.

Something that I'm interested in seeing in the overall countdown is that the forum in general I think over the last few years has gotten a lot more American members, so I'm wondering if we will still a large amount of acts British acts make it as high. I would be pretty surprised if Girls Aloud finished in the top 2 again.

18. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Absolutely Everybody is such a bop. Happy Vanessa made it to the list!

Impressed by Pink Dress being submitted for Donna Lewis. I've always loved I Love You Always Forever but only recently bought the album, plus the three-track single of I Could Be The One. I haven't yet got into her later material.

19. Vanessa Amorosi was my pick, glad to see another fan. And yes, Perfect is fucking incredible.

She's easily one of the best vocalists of all time, no doubt about it.

20. I had a bit of an M2M karaoke fest tonight, thank you Ultimate Popstar Countdown!

'Absolutely Everybody' is such a happy song. Love it.

londonrain, DJHazey and Mvnl like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.