The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a | Page 82 | The Popjustice Forum

The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #450a

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Mvnl, May 8, 2017.

1. At least we can always pretend that Ronan won the whole thing!

2. [​IMG]
    Commemorative set of mug (anyone who ever bought his CDs) and coaster (likely current use for his CDs).

marie_05 and Mvnl like this.
  3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I can't say he didn't, wouldn't wanna ruin the surprise.

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I am however unsure what to do with the votes cause it feels like a shame to never reveal them, but I don't wanna influence the current voting going on

marie_05 and Eric Generic like this.
  5. Maybe when Hazey's reboot is done and dusted, you could do a reveal. I'd love to know what the results were for the unfinished countdown.

ModeRed, marie_05 and Mvnl like this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah it's a shame this reminder kinda triggered me to go on with the show, yet it feels petty to do so now

ModeRed likes this.
  7. Maybe you can reveal the full list when the new one is finished? Revealing it now would probably encourage tactical voting, but I’d still be interested in the results!

londonrain, Mvnl and Eric Generic like this.
  8. It's understandable, you put a lot of work into the original and then the second one....they were very much "your thing". I get the frustration at it never being finished, and why there's been interest in starting over to mark the end of the decade and bring it into line with other rates and stuff, but the original(s) were special.

9. I discovered so many new artists because of this. Saint Saviour has become one of my favourite singers the last couple of years.

marie_05 and Eric Generic like this.
  10. I love that Saint Savour album. I'd loved her before, without knowing it, on her Groove Armada collabs.

marie_05 likes this.
  11. Amazing how people are still talking about Saint Saviour! I remember being very pleased with the praise she got.

Eric Generic likes this.
  12. Likewise, playing something the other day and couldn’t think how I knew it until the revival of this thread reminded me

Eric Generic likes this.
  13. You don't owe an imposter thread uncontest! (I'm pioneering a new noun in this post because I can't remember an actual word for "an absence of contest".) If you've got the energy, I genuinely encourage you to press on with this like nothing has happened. I'm not planning to vote again anyway, not until the artists I loved in 2016 that I wouldn't bother picking now get their closure. My fleeting, departed interests deserve their belated moment in the sun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.