The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate [WINNER Revealed!] | Page 24 | The Popjustice Forum

The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate [WINNER Revealed!]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Eric Generic, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

Just reading over the rules for this on the first couple of pages... what's the stance on songs that weren't hits on the Hot 100 but did quite well in the country charts?

2. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

Chart performance is mainly just a guide and a starting point; assuming your yearly lists wouldn't all be 10 country hits, it wouldn't be a problem!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  3. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

Yeah it's just a few songs, thanks!

4. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

Great! Your input would be very welcome.

5. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

Slowly but surely working my way through my revised lists. They are looking pretty good I think bit some of the songs I'm leaving out are absolute corkers

1986 has the most I think. There are still 26 in the playlist. Although the Top 10 is pretty much decided the rest would easily make it in other years.

6. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

Must get back on this but with PJOPS hosting taking up every spare moment, it's going to be tough

7. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

Somewhat amazingly, I am completely on top of scoring all this. The key was not to panic!

8. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

[​IMG]

9. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

So when is this all kicking off then?

10. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

I think we need to pimp it a bit and get some more entries.

11. Maleström

Maleström Guest

Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

I don't think it's worth waiting much more for a couple of possible new entries. We can't make people take part if they're not really into this kinda thing. I'm sure most of the potential participants have seen this by now.

12. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

30 was the magic number I'd been aiming for, and we have 25....maybe 26 if I can get my girlfriend to finish her lists! Fire added their votes this week, but I'm not too fussed whether we start soon, or keep waiting....whatever people prefer. Most of the stats have been taken care of...

13. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

I would prefer to start soonish. Maybe everyone could just pm people they talk to on her that might be interested? Otherwise I don't see any more votes coming in if they haven't already announced intent to do so.

14. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

Bring it on I say.

15. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

Yes, bring it on!

16. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

If you're in need of extra people I could give this a go... but my knowledge of the 80s is pretty slim so it would be a case of getting a list of tracks for each year and then listening and rating, you'd probably be waiting forever to get my results.

17. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

There's no point bringing it on if there aren't enough votes to make it worthwhile.

18. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

We aren't that many votes behind what the goal was though and there's no point to keep waiting if there isn't going to be anymore voters.

19. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

Okay, so....we were aiming for about 30 people to give us enough votes/choices to compile a masterlist, which would then be put forward for further ranking/voting. We've got 25. Given that possibly a few people who felt unable to help create the masterlist will be able to take part in the next stage, we are probably good to go. I just need to add in the last two sets of scores, and the masterlist will be ready.

In the meantime, feel free to discuss how you'd like the scores on the doors thus far to be revealed, and whether ranking the top 100 is the next stage, or voting/scoring them another way is everyone's preference.

20. Re: The Ultimately Very Essential PJ Best Of The 1980s Rate!

If you have a top 100 I would just reveal them in reverse order. Ok so what if there might not be much of a score difference between #80-100 or whatever. I'm sure we wouldn't mind you ranking them in some way you see fit.

I would rather avoid getting a shortlist and voting on it, it would take away the surprise/fun of a countdown for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.