The US #1s of the 2000s Rate (Part 2: 2005-2009 - Your #1 Is...) | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

The US #1s of the 2000s Rate (Part 2: 2005-2009 - Your #1 Is...)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ironheade, May 22, 2016.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

First priority now that my rate is done!

Ironheade likes this.
  2. Working on it right now!

My overall average will be much lower this time around.

Ironheade likes this.
  3. I've got a preliminary list of scores, only need to look them over!

Ironheade likes this.
  4. Nearly done! Just need to add commentary for a few more songs.

Ironheade likes this.
  5. Loving the first set that you forgot to bold.

6. I'm definitely still doing this. I can probably knock this out in an hour so I'll get the scores to you in the next couple of days.

Ironheade likes this.
  7. I knocked mine out at work, which incidentally is also where I sent in my rate.

8. Listening to the run of Give it To Me -> Glamorous -> Gold Digger has floored me.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  9. Five days, buddies! Awaiting the avalanche. (The avalanche is on the way, is it not?)

Time for another SONG WE ALMOST HAD TO RATE, I feel.

PON DE REPLAY - RIHANNA

Rih made out pretty damn well for this rate, with her three entries, so how's about we take a peek at the debut single that put her on the map in 2005? "Pon de Replay" debuted at #97 in June of that year, but ascended pretty damn quickly, cracking the Top 10 on the chart dated July 16 (the Greatest Airplay Gainer that week) and peaking at #2 on the July 30 chart, yet another song to fall victim to the destroyer of all songs in its wake that was "We Belong Together". It spent a total of 12 weeks in the Top 10 and 23 on the Hot 100, but managed some solid crossover success: it peaked at #1 on Digital Songs and Dance Club Play, #2 on Mainstream Top 40, and #24 on R&B/Hip-Hop, and would eventually sell over two million singles. "Pon de Replay" was also a good international success, notching yet another #1 in New Zealand (odd trend for these Songs We Almost Had To Rate, no?), more #2s in the UK and Ireland, and top 10 placings in Australia and most European countries.

10. The avalanche is coming this weekend!

P.S. Go 'SOS'!

2014 and br0dy like this.
  11. GRHH. YOU GUYS.

Four days to get your votes in, still no more aside from Aester's. I'm having serious thoughts of giving this an extension, how much would you guys want?

12. YAY! I've finished. So I got 13 10s and the lowest was a 3. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

13. I will be submitting soon!

14. I am very nearly finished, I just have to pick my 11!

15. Thanks, guys!

I have to say, I'm kinda dying at how low the averages are. It takes us 21 songs to get above a 5 score, the way things stand now - and the bottom 2 are tied at 2.16.

CorgiCorgiCorgi likes this.
  16. I was a little surprised by my 11, but it's probably one of the definitive songs from that era.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.