The US #1s of the 2000s Rate (Part 2: 2005-2009 - Your #1 Is...) | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

The US #1s of the 2000s Rate (Part 2: 2005-2009 - Your #1 Is...)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ironheade, May 22, 2016.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Fireflies would be okay if anyone else besides whiny Will Young was singing it. I CANNOT stand whiny male vocals.

2. ohnostalgia likes this.
  3. His voice isn't whiny, it's ~~dreamy~~

Nah I totally understand, I prefer his instrumental work teebs.

Remorque, constantino and ohnostalgia like this.
  4. I CAN'T, after watching you thrash The Listening five ways to Sunday. I think I even put in my commentary that i'd rather just go listen to Lights.

5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

A @Sprockrooster stanning Louis Tomlinson tea.

6. I'm really (x6) salty that Britney's best song isn't in this rate, get yo stuff together, 2007 Americunties.

7. Nooooo that was @HeartSwells! I was one of the highest scorers for The Listening, don't worry. I'm consistent in my messy tastes.

HeartSwells and DJHazey like this.
  8. I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_, I lost track with everyone sending artillery shells towards the album. Now I understand both you and @constantino's love for the song. Stan away.

HeartSwells, constantino and Animalia like this.
  9. Most of my Britney faves from those days are album tracks and bonuses anyway! It's not like we could vote for 'Heaven on Earth' or 'Amnesia'...

LA Hallucinations likes this.
  10. And Scott Stapp! Have we forgotten the first half of the rate so soon?

Speaking of which, day after tomorrow is the last day unless I extend, getcho' votes in, grumble grumble, etc. etc. &c.

aaronhansome and ohnostalgia like this.
  11. FINISHED!

I feel like I just re-visited my childhood and it was all a bit...confronting??

Well it seems like my [oh]nostalgia got the best of my because I gave out 27(!) 10s.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  12. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Look I'm forgetting how many times I've dragged @Sprockrooster, but yes that rings a horrifying bell for me.

Ironheade likes this.
  13. Scores are all done, I just need to decide on my 11. I thought I was set on one song but I have a couple others in mind now.

Ironheade likes this.
  14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

My 11 had better storm to victory.

CorgiCorgiCorgi and Ironheade like this.
  15. I gave out loads of tens, but really there could only be one 11 in this. My life would be so much poorer without it.

CorgiCorgiCorgi and Ironheade like this.
  16. I'm doing this right now, @Ironheade!

And I'm providing commentary.

DJHazey, aaronhansome and Ironheade like this.
  17. I'm happy with my decision for the 11, but I'm rooting for three songs as if they were all 11s.

18. This is the first time I've ever listened to that Taylor Hicks song.

19. I did this, I promise! I just need to read it all over one last time tonight and make sure I don't have any 1s that are supposed to be 10s or anything!

20. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

@Ironheade, what time are you closing this on the 22nd?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.