The US #1s of the 2000s Rate (Part 2: 2005-2009 - Your #1 Is...) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

The US #1s of the 2000s Rate (Part 2: 2005-2009 - Your #1 Is...)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ironheade, May 22, 2016.

1. I'm only willing to tolerate it getting to number one to compensate for all the 'should've beens' from the start of her career.

2. This list is like a step-by-step of babygay me discovering I like women.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  3. Island

Island Staff Member

I feel like it's gonna be Mariah vs Beyonce vs Leona

Andrew likes this.
  4. SO MANY 10's!!!!
    I'm feel I need to set aside sometime for commentary this time, what with my 11 Fallin so short last time.
    I could easily give my 11 to Poker Face, So What or We Belong Together, and, if it was the UK charts we were delving into, we'd have a Hung Up getting to the top 3.

5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Can I give negative points to counter the 10 someone is giving to You're Beautiful?

A$AP Robbie likes this.
  6. I am so brilliant....

BUT I'M BEAUTIFUL!

7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I hope Fireflies does well.

8. I'm going to stan Poker Face so hard and it'll all be for nothing. There are simply too many iconic songs that will beat it in the end.

Deleted member 3416 likes this.
  9. Don't worry I'm stanning very hard for it because it's too iconic not to.

DJHazey likes this.
  10. I knew I could count on you. It's just going to be so hard not to give my 11 to Say It Right or Big Girls Don't Cry. I wish this had the 10.5's.

11. Give it to Say It Right.

DJHazey likes this.
  12. How rude... It's a great pop song, that was surprisingly highly influential looking at some of the awful male solo uk stars to come after.
    Come for me, but it's much more deserving of a 10 than any of the abortions Fergie somehow got the American public's buy in for.

13. Yeah, let me go with this as my probably-not-popular 10 of choice. Forget James Blunt.

2014 likes this.
  14. You know what? I actually don't like "You're Beautiful" and I'll back you up on this one. As a rightpondian who got more than one song from him, I'll say that James Blunt really isn't as horrible as some, even if Ed Sheeran's existence basically means he's obsolete.

And if it's unpopular opinions hour? ...I actually don't have a real problem with "Bad Day". Yeah, yeah, I'll get my coat.

Andrew likes this.
  15. Bad Day haunts me cos radio constantly repeat it so it's gone from meh to HATE IT.

Island likes this.
  16. I want to give Say It Right my 11 but I also want to be original...

17. Island

Island Staff Member

10/10

18. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I'm sorry but if you can stand James' warbling as singing, let alone give it a 10 (!)... I don't know what to say. Truly.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Island likes this.
  19. Bad Day and You're Beautiful are both fine. In a rate filled with Hey There Delilahs and Boom Boom Pows, you guys are picking on the wrong songs.

Also yaaaaaas come through closet Owl City sympathisers!

Andrew likes this.
  20. Oh wow a lot of these songs are... not good. Even the Kanye song is one of his weaker singles.

Don't get me wrong, I am still so here for this!

Edit: this is probably the easiest 11 decision ever.

Second edit: never mind there's two Kanye songs, I missed one! And one of them is good!

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.