The US #1s of the 2000s Rate (Part 2: 2005-2009 - Your #1 Is...) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

The US #1s of the 2000s Rate (Part 2: 2005-2009 - Your #1 Is...)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ironheade, May 22, 2016.

1. I really hate both Bad Day and You're Beautiful, and I'm disappointed in anyone not Sharing those feelings

ohdenny and ohnostalgia like this.
  2. They're fairly mediocre songs that also suffered from being way too overplayed.

3. On first glance I don't see many 10s here. But also probably not many 0-2s either, although there are a lot which I don't recognise.

4. I was always Team Bad Day as opposed to Team You're Beautiful in the "mediocre sad white men warbling" Olympics of the early 2000's.

5. Both of them seem really out of place among the other number ones. How did they get so big again, exactly?

6. I forgot how bad Beautiful Girls was, yeesh.

7. I love Hey There Delilah...

Jeffo and Deleted member 21339 like this.
  8. You're probably too young to remember its reign of terror. YOU WEREN'T THERE, CONSTANTINO

ohnostalgia likes this.
  9. I may have been seven but I was there.

Animalia likes this.
  10. Did Owl City have any other songs as good as Fireflies? It feels like that's their only recognisable song. I can't believe they've had more than one album.

11. Quelle Surprise: The only thing I like about Hey There Delilah, is the girl in the video. The song itself can burn in hell.

Don't worry I won't give it any bonus points for the cute girl.

12. Literally the only positive thing I can say about Hey There Delilah is that it isn't quite as offensively shit as The Fray's How To Save A Life. They were fucking everywhere through high school. Thank god that just missed #1 so we don't have to put ourselves through it.

DJHazey likes this.
  13. Bad day is one of my most favorite songs ever. Am I alone in this?

14. But would you be so kind to give some bonus points as they worked on Ashlee Simpsons most iconic song?

15. Well... we listened to Adam Young's side project Port Blue for the album exchange club and that was quite good. Same guy, so I'm counting that.

Animalia likes this.
  16. Definitely wouldn't go that far, as I'd struggle to rank it in her Top 15.

17. I thought it would be totally right of your alley. I always see it as the lovechild between Avril's Under Your Skin and Kelly's Breakaway

18. Don't get me wrong I like the song, but it's ranked 4th/5th on that album to me.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I love both Beautiful Girls and How To Save A Life.

20. Poor Carly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.