The US #1s of the 2000s Rate (Part 2: 2005-2009 - Your #1 Is...) | Page 59 | The Popjustice Forum

The US #1s of the 2000s Rate (Part 2: 2005-2009 - Your #1 Is...)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ironheade, May 22, 2016.

1. I'm pleasantly surprised at the final result. It really is a great song (even if I don't always connect with it personally) and you could just about make the argument that it represents the latter part of the decade the best. There was a time when Timbaland and his alt-R&B/Pop stylings were inescapable, and it wasn't a bad time to be around at all.

This was fantastic fun @Ironheade! Both parts were so well planned, and your write-ups are full of so many informative bits and pieces which makes for amazing reading. And don't worry at all about handing it over; you handled the transition seamlessly. And thanks again @ohnostalgia for picking it up, and sending it off with a bang! I adored the Kanye theme, and your dedication is truly appreciated. Take a giant bow, both of you xx

2. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

And all is right with the world.

Thanks @Ironheade!!!

3. Thanks so much @Ironheade and @ohnostalgia for bringing me back to my childhood! One of my favorite rates ever.

Ironheade and ohnostalgia like this.
  4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

beyoncésweave likes this.
  5. Now this is what I live for. Based on 42 voters, if I had given Umbrella a 9 for sure (possibly even an 8) it would've won. YES!

6. *NSYNC and Christina were so robbed.

br0dy likes this.
  7. If I had taken part in the first part, I might have thrown Christina a 10 at least.

iheartpoptarts and Sprockrooster like this.
  8. I wish you had! Justice for pop princesses and teen pop in general.

(Probably wouldn't have helped *NSYNC, though, would it?)

DJHazey and Sprockrooster like this.
  9. Thanks for much for putting so much work into both brilliant rates, @Ironheade, and of course thanks to @ohnostalgia for finishing this off so proficiently. It's been a pleasure to follow along and Say It Right snagging that title is truly the cherry on the cake.

I do hope someone is brave enough to guide us through the 90s as seeing what did and didn't make the cut is so immediately fascinating.

10. The rate has been awesome; sad to see it end.

ohnostalgia and Ironheade like this.
  11. I'd be down for a 90s rate for sure!

Jeffo, Ironheade, 2014 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Yeah I don't think I'll ever understand what people hear in Say It Right m'fraid, kinda wish I hadn't upped my score from 5 to 7 at the last minute now.

Hey ho, at least I can take comfort from Gaga beating Mariah. Thanks for all the hard work put into this from both @Ironheade and @ohnostalgia, it's been super fun!

13. Yay I win another rate! No idea how many that makes now, long live me and my populist taste.

Of course the real winners are @Ironheade and @ohnostalgia. Thanks guy and gal!

14. K94

K94

lol

Umbrella really deserved it seeing as it's the defining song of the decade let alone that half of it. Say It Right is a worthy winner however. Thanks bbses @Ironheade and @ohnostalgia!

15. Fucking yaaaaaas at Bey punching out all the other girls with the two top spots of the decade. And with a considerable lead too!

Popjustice. Crazy in Love is the song of the '00s, and Say My Name is still more relevant than songs released a week ago.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  16. Yeah, I went into more detail about it in the Rihanna rate. I didn't feel like regurgitating everything.

17. Ugh, I had a feeling this would happen. I get why people love it but it's still the worst single off Loose.

Fab hosting, thanks both @Ironheade & @ohnostalgia. See you again for 2010-2014? I'm already hurt by how Gotye will be done wrong.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  18. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

19. I don't get why people love "Say It Right" but I'm determined to listen to it on repeat a bunch of times before the next Winners' Rate until I crack the code. If fourteen people gave it their 11, there must be something I'm missing...

Anyway, great rate all around! Thanks to both @Ironheade and @ohnostalgia!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.