The Vamps | The Popjustice Forum

The Vamps

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vignesh, Aug 5, 2013.

1. [video=youtube;UqSww10eeKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqSww10eeKw[/video]

Signed to Virgin EMI. Selena Gomez's support act when she performs in London next month. First single, Can We Dance, out Sept 29.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
  2. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

They... might have potential? They seem to have half-decent personality as a group and they don't seem arrogant or douchey.

And though it was a small snippet, the song sounded decent.

3. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

Awful name and it scares me that they're so young. Is this something you notice more and more as you get older? I don't like it.

However the song sounds like it has lots of potential! I'll be keeping an eye, or rather an ear, out.

4. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

To be fair, they're aged 17-19. Not too young, really! I thought the lead singer was like 15 at best.

They have a song called 'Wildheart' on YouTube and it actually sounds good. I think I'm actually a bit interested in them now.

5. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

[video=youtube;UqSww10eeKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqSww10eeKw[/video]

I actually really like it. The "I talk a lot shit when I'm drinking baby, I'm known to go a little too fast" parts got stuck in my head rather easily. Plus the video, although a semi-tired idea, was a bit fun to watch! I'm impressed.

6. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

The lead singers voice is grating, the song itself is not awful though.

7. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

I actually quite like the song, seems like it could get stuck in your head.

The Vamps sounds like the name of a girlband though, rather than a boyband.

8. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

The song isn't as big as I was expecting from the clip, but it's alright.

Clever move though really - there's definitely room for a 1D-with-instruments band out there.

9. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

They are a bit One Direction's answer to The Wanted's Lawson, aren't they?

10. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

So we now have McFly/Busted 2.0.

Yay...

11. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

It really, really annoys me how they censor the word "shit" in the chorus. Actually saying it would really liven things up a bit. As it stands, his voice is annoying and it's all a bit sanitized (and not in the good way).

12. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

McFly 2.0's already No 9 on iTunes.

13. RJF

RJF

They don't look old enough to buy chewing gum, let alone talk a lot of shit then they're drinking.

14. Flockheart

Flockheart Guest

I saw them on Friday Download. Awful. Topman models.

15. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

I saw them yesterday at SD2 Festival. Awful singers.

16. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

Dear lord, this is No.1 by some way this week. I know they've done some support slots with Little Mix, etc, but I did not see No.1 coming. Hope Counting Stars can snatch it somehow.

EDITED: Specific info taken out cos of the rules.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  17. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

They've basically released 10 different formats, so it's not that surprising. The drop next week will be jarring.

18. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

Yeah its gonna be pretty big, wouldn't be surprised if it was out of top 10 to be honest.

19. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

It's actually kinda infuriating how easily boy bands have success compared to girl bands

20. Re: The Vamps (New British Boyband)

These boys are ages between 17 and 19?!

I thought they were all 12!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.