The Veronicas | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

The Veronicas

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Steveweiser, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

Everything about "Lolita" is glorious. I love the fact that the just randomly shoot a monster in the video without any explanation where the monster came from. Again, glorious.
    I'm still kind of mad at Popjustice for giving "Untouched" a lukewarm review five years ago.

2. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

Did the X-Factor performance do anything for Lolita?

3. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

Such a shame they haven't performed it in full (apart from acoustically but thats boring)

4. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

I didn't like how they managed this performance. There was more attention to their previous singles than to the current. 'Lolita' worked more as an intro than as the centre of attention. If they wanted to use old song as a 'hey, remember us?' bridge to new one they should have started with 4ever or Untouched (either one is a good pick) as an intro then bang here's our new song in case you haven't heard yet.

5. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

I don't see what the point was of them doing a medley on an Australian TV show, Australians know who The Veronicas are we don't need to be reminded. They should have just sung Lolita in full (without the contestants)

6. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

Any news on this album? Everything seems to have gone a bit silent. Nooooo.

7. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

Yeah, what's going on here? Lolita is very good but unfortunately doesn't quite complete the trinity of perfect lead singles from them.

8. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

Lolita is a bloody masterpiece I don't know why it's not doing v well

9. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

Its a great song but I don't think it was a right choice for a single.

10. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

Has anything happened regarding this at all?

11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

They can't not do a We Used To Be Friends cover (or movie theme) now!

12. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

Seems they have gone back to record some Pop tracks for the album,

Things must be nearly done because they are a lot more active on Facebook/Twitter and doing live chats and their website and merch store is getting a relaunch in the next couple of weeks so something is bubbling.

13. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

They need to hurry up and get on with the next single then release the album. Please.

14. BML

BML

I've been listening to 'Lolita' a lot lately. What a song! I'm ready for some new material from them. I hope it's not too far off.

15. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

this album is never going to see the light of day

16. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

I need a new single from them like now

17. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

They did an Ask Me Anything post on Reddit today - http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1be20a/we_are_jessica_lisa_marie_australian_twin_sister/

Seems like Warner Bros is the cause of the hold up.

Also -

Is there any song or video you regret making. Is there any unreleased song you regret not releasing officially?

[–]TheVeronicas 13 hours ago

The 'take me on the floor' video clip was the worst thing ever made. Other than that, no. -L

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  18. Re: The Veronicas - Life on Mars (Third Album)

This comment was referring to a post someone made that said this:

19. BML

BML

That'd be an amazing concept if they actually were to properly follow through with it. Mars could be the more agressive tracks, and Venus could be the softer, more vulnerable material.

I dig it.

20. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

Apparently the album was finally sent for mixing and is done.

Not sure about the direction though. They were saying it wouldn't be like "Lolita" and more rock, but then they said in April they were doing more pop stuff.

I just want a full version of "Did You Miss Me?" and will be extremely annoyed if it's not on the album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.