The View | Page 243 | The Popjustice Forum

The View

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Jun 29, 2017.

1. I'm very ready for Whoopi to move on from the moderator chair, but the way she never has a single fuck to give about any of this is absolutely hysterical.

Matgo, WowWowWowWow and Island like this.
  2. Island

Island Staff Member

Whoopi was clearly like “don’t touch me, give me my check” walking into that shoot ddd.

3. Fixed!

4. Cameran Eubanks is such a random choice lol but I always love seeing Real World alums do big things

spaceship, WowWowWowWow and lushLuck like this.
  5. First two weeks of guests & co-hosts have been announced. Guests include Reese Witherspoon, Simu Liu, Steve Martin, Gabrielle Union, Wendy Williams and more. Full list:

Tuesday, Sept. 7 – “The View” returns to its NYC studio and kicks off its season 25 celebration when the co-hosts return to the iconic Hot Topics table.

Wednesday, Sept. 8 – Former Utah congresswoman Mia Love guest co-hosts; Steve Martin and Martin Short (“Only Murders in the Building”)

Thursday, Sept. 9 – Mia Love guest co-hosts; Simu Liu (“Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings”)

Friday, Sept. 10 – Original co-host Star Jones joins the table to guest co-host on our first Flashback Friday; “The View” reflects on the events of Sept. 11, 2001, commemorating the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks

--

Monday, Sept. 13 – Mary Katharine Ham guest co-hosts; Wendy Williams (“The Wendy Williams Show”)

Tuesday, Sept. 14 – Mary Katharine Ham guest co-hosts; Gabrielle Union (author, “You Got Anything Stronger?”)

Wednesday, Sept. 15 – Reese Witherspoon (“The Morning Show”); Tarana Burke (author, “Unbound”)

Thursday, Sept. 16 – Ben Platt (“Dear Evan Hansen”)

Friday, Sept. 17 – Andrew Garfield (“The Eyes of Tammy Faye”)

6. Joy making Whoopi say Rosie's name when she clearly didn't want to fff - I have missed these ladies in-person!

VivaForever, steste, Matgo and 3 others like this.
  7. Whoopi not knowing where to look on day one... I have to laugh.

Meanwhile, Joy sharing that she tried a weed gummy is not the summer catch-up I expected!

Burzum, OlliMaus, elear and 3 others like this.
  8. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This line-up now is so great but why do I feel like this thread is going to die a little bit now Meghan's finally gone.

9. Very heartwarming to see them back in the studio and looking happy and healthy.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  10. I think the revolving door of conservative co-hosts should keep things interesting for a while. I'm glad they're taking the time to find the right person rather than just picking a name and hoping it works. If they miscast Megan's spot, the panel could have been a disaster.

11. It will be really interesting to see if the revolving door of conservatives come to play or come to play nice in hopes of securing the gig. I’m going to guess a few of them are going to want to make waves to secure other platforms outside of The View. A thorn in these ladies sides will be celebrated by the whole right, even if it’s just a one-go.

lushLuck and WowWowWowWow like this.

12. Loving how some of the former hosts seem to not have sent videos so they just spliced in clips from actual broadcasts bahahahahahaha

13. It looks like they have most rotating co-hosts doing a few days each, so it could get interesting. You rub Joy or Whoopi wrong one day, they'll come for blood the next day. Most of these women know what makes a successful conservative panelist (see: Elisabeth, Meghan). So I think we'll see fireworks at least a few times, whether they're fighting for this seat or, like you said, a gig with any other conservative platform.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  14. Love the new opening credits

Don’t miss the old theme song

Love Whoopi NOT going HELLO HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE VIEW Y’ALL WELCOME TO THE VIEW WELCOME TO THE VIEW WELCOME TO THE VIEW WELCOME TO THE VIEW WELCOME TO THE VIEW WELCOMETOTHEVIEW WELCOMETOTHEVIEW WELCOMETOTHEVIEW WELCOMETOTHEVIEW WELCOMETOTHEVIEWWELCOMETOTHEVIEWWELCOMETOTHEVIEWWELCOMETOTHEVIEWWELCOMETOTHEVIEWWELCOMETOTHEVIEWWELCOMETOTHEVIEWWELCOMETOTHEVIEW WELCOME TO THE VIEW!

I know she was only in a few segments and maybe was on her best behavior for day one but I… didn’t completely hate Mia Love at the table?

15. Watching the clips from the last two days has just reminded me how fucking dull the show has been for the last 18 months. Love seeing them together and actually interact with what the others are saying.

Gemini and WowWowWowWow like this.
  16. Especially Whoopi's face in this bit:

together25.png

Surely she can just leave if she hates it that much? She's Whoopi Goldberg, she'll always get work.

steste and WowWowWowWow like this.
  17. Not where she can get paid $6M a year to just talk & be done by lunch. Even if she had the energy to hustle I think she'd probably struggle to make that much at this point.

Even just as a fan of her work, I would love to see her step away from the show and into some good roles but I can't judge her for staying put.

POPGASM and WowWowWowWow like this.

18. Does this remind anyone else of an All That opener sketch before the opening titles would roll?

So wonderfully awkward.

19. So... Joy, Sara, Ana, Sunny and Star is kind of a great panel. Joy is a strong moderator (much, much better than Whoopi) and all the other women played off of each other so well. The energy is much better now that they're back in the studio.

20. Star looks so good! And when she said she’s gonna be 60?!? Gagged!

Todays show was so fun and light. It’s great to have them all back in studio.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.