The View | Page 268 | The Popjustice Forum

The View

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Jun 29, 2017.

1. As much as I value the continued conversation around reproductive rights, I think by this point we’ve well established that Whoopi’s perspective is “If you don’t want to have an abortion, that’s great for you. I wouldn’t tell you to have one if you don’t want one, so don’t tell me I can’t have one if I want one.” and Sunny’s perspective is “I’m Catholic and I don’t believe in abortion ever but I also know it’s not my place to impose those beliefs onto other people.” So save the 30 seconds you waste going through that for another item on View Your Deal or something.

2. She is the most likable/tolerable of the people they’ve had fill in. The other ladies seem to get along with her too.

3. Wonder why they soured on Ana!

4. Ana isn’t committed to moving to NYC full time. Her husband is in Miami and he can’t move due to his job/political affiliations down there.

Artemisia and WowWowWowWow like this.
  5. The Variety article states otherwise.

Currently, the Hot Topics table is lead by moderator Whoopi Goldberg with co-hosts Joy Behar, Sunny Hostin and Sara Haines. Ana Navarro, who is a part-time co-host, also auditioned for the permanent job, and is said to be disappointed that she wasn’t selected, according to several sources.

lushLuck and WowWowWowWow like this.
  6. I’m sorry but I can’t get on board with supporting someone who was so complicit in the Trump administration. I don’t think they should be helping her rehabilitate her image - no jobs for Trump staffers.

7. I get feeling that way and I don't disagree, but for the sake of the show revolving around Democrat VS Republican Hot Topics debates, there's kind of no better option. It's either someone who's left the Trump circle or someone who STILL supports Trump. There's not much middle ground, aside from someone like Ana who (as much as I enjoy her and want her to stay on board) is too in line with most of the co-hosts when it comes to politics. They need some opposing opinion in there.

8. Yeah, Ana is too cozy with the hosts and the producers probably want some friction for those Megan McCain viral moments.

I can't believe this entire year of guest co-hosts went by so fast, where did the time go. I don't really have an opinion on Alyssa, at least she wasn't as abrasive as some other people they had guest.

9. OOP that’s what I get for not reading. Damn you ABC! You know they’re only hiring this chick because of her proximity to Trump and his campaign.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  10. I suppose that being in news division also plays a role (i.e. they don’t seem to mind trotting out Chris “I Did Debate Prep For Tramp” Christie on their panels)

johnoclock likes this.
  11. I'm happy with their choice, she's honestly been a great host. Unlike Meghan, she's able to share her conservative POV without souring the mood. She also adds to the conversation on lighter topics where Meghan and Whoopi often aren't interested in engaging.

Island, Mr.Arroz, johnoclock and 4 others like this.
  12. I think Alyssa is fine and is at least a mature option compared to Meghan. But if it's true they turned down Ana (which I also suspect is because she's too in line with the other hosts and they want fireworks for election season), then this show has no business being under the news division.

johnoclock and WowWowWowWow like this.
  13. They just announced that Elisabeth is guest co-hosting next week. I hope Sunny drags her mercilessly every day!

14. Whoopi at the end of every segment: "well we don't know what's gonna happen because it's up to YOU to make the decision in November. You need to decide what's right for you. This is all up to us."

Wow, that is so profound. Thank you for your wisdom, o wise one.

15. Did they officially announce Alyssa as permanent because I feel like they might be trying to bring Elisabeth back full time.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  16. I literally had a dream (nightmare?) last night that this was the exact scenario that played out PLEASE GOD NO

17. So much God talk in the first 5 minutes!!!

”I’d agree with you, but then we’d both be wrong.” Holy hell.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  18. I want to throw my phone at the tv.

I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR INVISIBLE MAN UP IN THE SKY

Island, johnoclock, Remorque and 2 others like this.
  19. LIFE HAS A PLAN AND A PURPOSE!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.