The Voice UK - Season 2 | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

The Voice UK - Season 2

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Baby Clyde, Mar 26, 2013.

1. SBK

SBK

Yeah it's much better this year, it appears they've added some subtle drama and it works without being over the top...

Hopefully it'll still be good through the live shows.

2. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Imagine pinning your future on a Pixie Lott song...

3. SeaWitch

SeaWitch Guest

Moving to Fridays from the quarter finals. The BBC are really finished with this, aren't they?

4. Yeah of course they are, so has the scheduling changed completely or what? Is there going to be a week on week show as there was last year or simply a few weeks? Also is it on air tonight?

5. I need Cleopatra Madonna Higgins to win this whole thing!

6. SBK

SBK

They're supposedly about to announce the third series... Ratings have improved apparently.

I think it makes sense to avoid clashing with Britains Got Talent, give the show the best opportunity. Pointless trying to compete, specially when the show is still finding its feet...

7. Jessie was such a bitch to Cleo.

8. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. Jessie is obviously still bitter that Cleo chose will.i.am as her mentor, instead of her. She really needs to get over it because Cleo is amazing.

9. I didn't think Cleo was that good this week and if all things were justified she wouldn't have gone through over Lem, though I'm very glad Leanne got through - she's great.

With all this in mind I'm yet to find someone I'm as pleased with as I was with Becky Hill last year, that girl had it and should have auditioned for the X Factor.

10. I'm not at all happy with Cleo's VT's

The story isn't 'i want to be a solo singer' it's 'i was all washed up at 15'

She's the most complete package on the show but she doesn't have a hope if she comes across as a pro (which she is !!) there has to be an element of redemption.

11. Cleo is bloody awful. Oversings without actually having enough power to sustain all the notes. Her performance was a complete mess and Lem should have gone through.

Leah is incredible.

12. Lem is too fat to have a successful career. To put it bluntly. And his voice isn't all that. I'm glad Cleo went through because she sung pretty well, and she knew how to work a stage.

Leah has some real potential. Some of the notes were a bit painful (which is the case with everyone on this show, let's be honest), but she did really well.

13. But I'd even have out through the other guy over her. She was dreadful.

14. Jessie throwing a tantrum and asking who the other judges would have put through, followed by "I would have put through Lem" was awful to watch. Lem wouldn't have even been on the stage in the first place if she'd had her way. I thought he was the weakest out of the three anyway.

Shame Moni is gone, especially after Will saying he was the best male singer. Leanne absolutely decimated him in the knockout to be fair, but I can't fathom why he hadn't gotten the pass, the girl who did is literally a faint shadow of Kate Bush, with literally no other redeeming qualities.

15. Cleo is by far the best, I love Leanne too. Jessie showed a bitchy side towards Cleo but when she was singing she looked pleased with her so I don't why she was being bitter.

16. Cleo is coming across terribly and Jessie was right that was a horrible song choice. I probably would have gone for her but only just over Lem who was way better than ever before.

It's a shame that Mone couldn't go through. I love the fact he's a ginger Jew who can get away with saying 'Gwan gyal' in a Jamaican accent and not come across as a complete tool. He was completely outsung though.

It pains me to say it but Will has far and away the best team. The other 3 gave absolute no hopers a free ride through. WTF was going on with those choices???

Danny's team in particular is complete shit.

17. Leah is totally original and can hit some spectacular high notes but she hovers between chest and head voice seemingly unaware. If she stuck to singing fullbelt in chest the falsetto would be even more impressive and the whole performance more complete. At the moment it's all a bit ramshackle and unfocused for my liking and Loving You is a very lazy song choice for someone who can sing silly high notes

Having said that i thought she was rather amazing

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  18. I don't mean to seem offensive, but I've noticed that the level of talent on some of these UK singing competition shows pale in comparison to the Americans versions (in general). The contestants on the recent seasons of The Voice USA, American Idol and even X Factor USA are all much better.

19. I'm really enjoying this series of The Voice. I think it's far more watchable than The X factor...... the judges are far more likeable. I love the little games the judges play with each other, but at the same time it's apparent they all get along with each other (makes a change from the usual drama's and ego's you get on the shit factor)

My favorite contestant has to be Alys ..... she has a gorgeous tone to her voice and seems to be growing stronger all the time

20. I love Will's team (as much as I adored Moni, it was only right that Leanne progressed).

Jessie's team and Tom's team barely contain 3 singers I like between them (and one of those is ex-Will.i.am too).

Danny's team is the worst possible scenario, come to life. So very, very, very bad...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.