The Walking Dead

Come on, did we really think
he was going to die?

Scott Gimple just continues to drive this into the ground. The show is past its prime but his ego won't accept it.

he / him
Come on, did we really think
he was going to die?

Scott Gimple just continues to drive this into the ground. The show is past its prime but his ego won't accept it.

Issue isn’t with that, it’s with
doing yet another cop-out, mere seconds after watching the others breaking because he had died. Then suddenly back to Garbage woman and he’s... somehow survived? Then that awful song returns and she’s gawping over him in the helicopter? Awful. They should have just left it with her looking at him and the helicopter in the distance if they wanted to leave it open.

Also the very end with the strangers and Judith thrown in last minute... ugh so badly done.

After reading the reviews and synopsis of this episode I’m so glad I checked out last year. The show is a rambling mess and can’t even give its biggest stars a proper send off.

he / him
The thing is it was a pretty good send-off. It was interesting, harrowing and tense - with strong nostalgic references and character returns. They just couldn't resist it being yet another fake out. Which ruined the entirety of the episode.

Solenciennes

Staff member
I see all that criticism... but it was a gripping episode and I’m glad they found a way to leave the door open for him in the future. It was the time jump that I found awful!

Just finished watching on FOX, I thought it was a great episode, very tense, emotional, it had me on the edge of my seat. The "Rick's Greatest Hits" aspect of the episode worked really well and made me nostalgic for the times I used to LOVE this series.
I'll check out the next episode and see how the time jump works for the series, could it be the fresh start the show has needed for the past few series? Or could the show fall into the blandness of the it's spin off show Fear of the Walking Dead (I couldn't get to the end of series 2 of that show, I really wanted to like it).

he / him
They’ve confirmed that this was the last appearance for Maggie this season too. As if they got rid of their best character like that...

Wait what? Rick gets a whole episode dedicated to his exit and Maggie gets nothing?!

It's ridiculous. Old boys club wins again. Same with Madison on Fear the Walking Dead. Kill off her character, Kim Dickens out. I have nothing against Andrew Lincoln and realize he is very popular but Kim and Lauren also brought a lot to the table (and have fans). They deserved better.

Obviously people still watch it and want to discuss Rick’s departure.

Moving on, I can’t believe Maggie is gone? Was this mentioned anywhere?

Well, yeah, obviously. And that's hilarious.

Lauren Cohan confirmed she was getting the hell out before this season even started.

he / him
Hmm, I’m cautiously interested in it all again now they’ve had the massive time jump. Judith is almost a caricature and of course they’ve lumped Rosita off with Gabriel but Michonne’s character has seemingly taken on a whole new complexity and it’s fascinating. The world is suddenly kind of exciting again? For now at least.