The Wanted - Battleground | The Popjustice Forum

The Wanted - Battleground

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nate, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comic Relief Single!

2. ;o
    so early!!

3. RJF

RJF

Christ, that's quick.

4. WHUT!? This wasn't expected.

There were still plenty of hit records on the album :O

5. Cheesy song title, released the week leading up to the big event...official Comic Relief single anybody?!

6. Is this a reference to their album sales?

7. I read an interview i think, with Max George, can't remember anywhere, they said they wanted to release more songs from the debut, but they recorded this and wanted to have it out straight away.

8. I nearly sank into depression when I first read the single as being 'Golden'

Will be quite interesting to see what it's like. They almost feel a little at that 'make or break' stage.

9. Wordshaker 2.0

10. Well I think they've needed to get out of the stalls a little quicker than originally planned perhaps because of 1 Direction who will no doubt launch big and their target audiences will have some degree of overlap so building upon the first album foundations before 1D release should steady the ship. I still don't see them ever making it big enough for 'The Wanted' to be a long term proposition - big hit singles are all well and good but if you can't start shifting platinum numbers soon then there is only so much that consistent plays on Capital can give you!

11. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Oh my gosh I have the same feeling. At least we'll get a Headlines after.

12. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Too quick.

13. I agree that it's too quick, most people are still being introduced to them, three singles was not enough from an act like them.

That said, I'm looking forwards to hearing this tomorrow!

14. I can soo see this album being a Wordshaker! Way too soon I think!

But as someone said, at least we'll get a Headlines! out of it

15. Take That have secured that this year.

16. RJF

RJF

Their fanbase is different to the Saturdays, and people are forgetting that we're also not getting the album in March, like what happened with Wordshaker. I'm guessing they're following the JLS strategy of releasing a big track to keep the momentum going, and not releasing the album until summer at the earliest.

17. *****

Their album has gone platinum!

As for this new single, it is a risky plan. Far too soon after the debut for anyone to realise that this is from a new album. However, I can see why they've done it. After Replace Your Heart, there was nothing else single-worthy on the album.

18. I actually thought there were quite a few single worthy tracks left (Behind Bars, Say It On The Radio for example).

That was until Lose My Mind didn't do too well.

19. Yeah, they obviously have a lot of 'hit worthy' songs left on their album...but after Lose My Mind didn't do so well, I think the best plan is to move on and forward. Looking forward to this.

20. Gold Forever (Is Over).

Even though this is release schedule is very similar to Forever Is Over, The Wanted's new album isn't following a week later is it? They'll be in a far better situation if the album is out later in the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.